"Race you!"

Tyler's POV

I sat up and looked around. Aiden to my right, Taylor to my left. God, this was too much. This phantom shit is killing us from the inside...I can't take it anymore. It's overwhelming for me, for all of us. I look to the others, they were laying down around me. We hosted another sleepover, it made us feel better. In this situation, we're like five year olds, exploring a new place. It was scary, we didn't know anything. Our own world was getting tough itself...I feel so bad..they don't deserve this. Especially Taylor, she's already had a hard life. This isn't what she needed. I'm glad we made real friends but this is not the way I wanted it to happen. Ugh...this is so frustrating.

Why can't things be normal again..?

I got up and went to the kitchen. It was a good thing we decided to stay at me and Taylor's place. I wasn't hungry but i wasn't tired.

I heard a soft thump of footsteps.

I turned to see..Aiden?

"Hey..! Whatcha doin?" He asked. He sounded slightly Texan.

"You sound Texan, dude." I joked

"What- oh..I lived in Texas for a while and obviously I had to learn the accent. I do it randomly from time to time."

"You are one weird kid.."

"Ehh, you live you learn"

"It's around 5am, wanna go play baseball?"

"Sure, race you though!!"