~4~

fast forward a year and 6 months

me and newt have gotten so much closer over the past year, he is so sweet and i don't know what i'd do without him. today we are expecting a new greenie but i am starting to get sick of this life, i mean there's not anything wrong with the life i have in the glade but i want more adventure, something to look out for, i want to feel scared i know that sounds weird but i just was more. i woke up still early in the morning but a bit later than i usually do since i went to bed a little later that evening. i got dressed in a pair of green cargo pants and a white t-shirt, i threw my blonde hair up into a messy high ponytail and washed my hands and face. when i walked out of my cabin i was in a bit of a bad mood but that mood changed drastically when i saw newt.
"where the hell have you been, its almost 9" newt said while throwing his arm over my shoulder as he does every day.
"aww did someone miss me?" i mocked him
"ha as if, i just know you like to be around when the new greenie comes up"
"thanks newt" i chuckled
we then heard the gears to the box moving we knew that a new greenie was on the way. me and newt ran over to the box where the rest of the guys were already standing. Alby and Gally lifted the up the top of the box and i jumped in looking at the scared young boy in front of me.
"hi, i'm julia, can you tell me anything about yourself , anything at all"
the brunet shook his head. he looked so young, definitely youngest out all the gladers. i held my hand out for the boy and he took it but as soon as we got out of the box he bolted.
"HEY!, SOMEONE GRAB HIM, HES HEADED FOR THE MAZE" Alby yelled at someone standing near the maze entrance.

i felt for the boy, waking up without any memories only knowing what a group of strangers tell you, i get that.
suddenly gally chased and tackles the boy to the ground, all the gladers run over to try and help the situation.
the boy was close to tears, but gally just put him in the pit so he could calm down.
"thanks gally" i said while walking past him
gally was one of my closest friends in the glade since we came up at around the same time, and even though he struggles with anger a bit i know how to calm him down and we just get along so well, i know that deep down he is just a scared kid who got trapped down here just like the rest of us.
the new greenie was let out of the pit a few times but had to be thrown back in so he could get a chance to calm down, after the third try he was okay.
i went to talk to him later that evening.
"hey, are you aleight" i asked the scared kid
"yea i'm fine i just..i have a lot of questions" the boy said.
"shoot" i said with a smile
"whe-where are we?, what is this place?"
"this is the glade, i'll give you a proper tour   tomorrow as we um... didn't get enough time to today"
"okay thanks julia"
"come on i'll find you a bed" i took the boys hand and we walked towards the small area that had been prepared for the new greenie
"here, this space is for you" i said while he jumped into the hammock
"chuck" he mumbled
"what"
"my name..its chuck" he said looking up at me
"well hello chuck, try to get some rest okay?
he agreed and i walked away bumping into newt on the way back to the other gladers
"hows greenie" newt asked curiosity
"his name came back to him ,chuck"
"he looks so young" newt said looking over at the young kid.
"it's not fair that kids who looked as young as 13 were being thrown down here they should be given a shot at a normal life"
i started biting the skin around my nails out of habit as i usually do it absentmindedly when i'm nervous or stressed.
newt knew it was a bad habit so he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers giving me a soft smile as i leant on his side.