~16~

i ran after gally.
"hey, gally wait" i yelled at him.
"what!-oh its you" he started to shout until he saw me.
"look thomas has to be a runner, first of all he's fast" i said trying to convince him it was a good idea.
"im sorry jules he's gonna get us all killed" he said squaring up to me.
"gally we cant stay here" i raised my voice "i want a life, i want to experience things, i want to travel, and see something other than these same 4 walls every day, i want to meet new people, so if you want to stay here for the rest of your life, go ahead and do that, but one thing i know for certain is you will not be doing it with me" i yelled at him. i tried to storm off but gally pulled me back.
"why not!, if you go out there you'll die" he screamed
"is that such a bad thing!" i said it before realising i said it.
"what?" gally looked confused "of course thats a bad thing" gally was still holding my arm but i shook it off him "jules you know that's a bad thing, right?"
"look, iv'e been here over a year, and i know others have been here for way longer than me, so all im saying is i was the first one here, i wouldn't have made it to a year and right now i dont think im gonna make it to two!" my voice went quiet and started to shake.
"jules.." gally calmed down
i walked away from him before he saw me cry. i had thought about this all the time, and i knew i was not spending my whole life in this place. always scared of the maze. i know the maze is the only way out so i needed to go, i needed to find the way out.

i headed back to the others looking for thomas because i had decided right then and there i was leaving. i couldn't spend another day in the place
"where's thomas?" i asked newt when i saw him. my eyes were still teary from the conversation i had with gally.
"minho took him to the runner hut, whats wrong love?" he came and held me close
the minute i felt him i lost it i just cried my eyes out in him arms.
"i cant do this anymore, i cant live one more day in this fucking place, i hate it" i bawled
"Julie..." newt paused "its okay love we are getting out of here" he kept me close and hugged me tight
"people keep saying that but when is it actually going to happen" i was still crying but trying to pull myself together before anyone else saw.
"soon Julie i promise" he was stroking my hair in an attempt to calm me.
"why dont you get some rest love" newt sighed
i agreed and went to take a nap. i couldn't usually sleep during the day but this time i fell asleep in seconds.