~18~

when i woke up i was still thinking about what newt told me last night. how did i not know until now that he tried to do that to himself.
i got up and got myself ready for the day. i learned that thomas and minho had gone back into the maze and they thought they might actually find a way out this time. newt also told me that while i was asleep last evening the girl woke up, her name was teresa and she could only remember pieces of things, nothing that helpful tho.

i was in my hut when i woke but the last thing i remembered was falling asleep in the tower. i saw newt working by the garden alone so i went to join him.
"hey newt" i said softly
"hello love" newt replied and gave me a hug
"do you know how i got in my hut last night" i asked
"you were fast asleep, when i woke up this morning so i carried you to your bed" newt responded
what did i ever do do deserve such a loving guy, i guess we weren't actually official but i wanted him to ask me so badly.
"thank you newt, you're so sweet" i said giving him a kiss on the cheek
"im gonna introduce myself to teresa, i haven't met her yet" i told newt
"of course" he replied

I found Teresa carving her name into the wall, so i joined her.
"Teresa?" i called
"hello?" she turned around confused to who was talking to her.
"hi im julia, i just wanted to introduce myself to you, since i didn't get to meet you yesterday" i told her
"oh right um hi im teresa" she greeted me with a smile.
"how are you feeling?" i asked her
"im okay now, just trying to take it all in you know" teresa began "are you and newt like together?"
"not officially, to be honest im just waiting for him to ask me at this point" we were a good distance away from newt, so i thought it was far enough away so he wouldn't hear me, but i looked over at him and he was already looking, he gave me a huge smile and started giggling, so maybe he did hear me...

for the rest of the day i talked with newt about teresa, and with teresa about newt. i could tell she wanted me and newt to get together and im not gonna lie i wanted it as well.
later that day minho and thomas came back from the maze. they said they found something new, a new section of the maze. maybe this was our way out?
we were all talking until teresa interrupted us
"its alby!, he's awake!" she yelled
apparently when i was asleep yesterday evening, alby got worse since he had been stung, but teresa came up in the box with 2 syringes, they used one on alby in a last attempt to save him.
"has he said anything?" minho asked
"no" said teresa calmly
me and newt sat down next to alby and asked if he was okay.
"alby you alright?" newt sounded concerned
thomas them came over to alby when he didn't respond to newt.
"hey alby" he began "alby we might have just found a way out of the maze, you hear me? we could be getting out of here" thomas said calmly
"we can't" alby responded, he sounded scared "we cant leave, they wont let us"
"what do you mean?" i asked him
"i remember" alby spoke
"what do you remember?" thomas asked nervously
"you" he said looking at thomas.
everyone was confused.
"you were always their favourite, Thomas always" we all froze "why did you do this, why did you come here?" alby continued
we were interrupted by a lot of commotion outside, and then it hit me.
the words from my dream kept repeating in my head..
it would all go down tomorrow evening..