~23~

"julie, wake up, we did it" i heard newt say.
i slowly sat up and realised what he had just said. "we did it?" i asked confused
"yes julie, we're out!" what he was saying was a good thing but he sounded worried
i looked around, and saw we were in a long corridor, with bright lights.
"whats down there?" i pointed at a door at the other end of the corridor.
"we haven't looked yet, we wanted to wait till we knew you were okay, are you okay?" newt sounded happy, knowing we had finally made it out after all this time,
"im fine, now lets find out whats past that door" i said grabbing his arm to get up.
"julia wait" he sounded worried and grabbed my arm. i looked at him confused as he wiped something off my face.
"your eyes.." he muttered
i felt my face and there was blood falling from my eyes.
"how did this-" i asked
"i don't know, do you feel ok?" newt said worried
"i feel fine" i did feel ok just a little lightheaded
i quickly wiped my eyes, grabbed newts hand and we walked down the corridor. newt looked nervous.
"whats wrong" i asked him
"i just uh-" he was stuttering, he always did that when he was nervous.
"tell me" i asked again
"i love you julie," he began "but technically we're not like" he paused "not officially dating i guess?" he stopped and looked at me "so i was just wondering if maybe you wanted to i guess-"
"yes" i interrupted him "a million times yes" a huge smile appeared on my face as i jumped up into his arms. i kissed him on the lips and i was so so happy in this moment. from the moment i met newt i knew i loved him, i loved him so much.

we continued to walk down the corridor until we came to the door. above the door was bright, green exit sign. 
"ironic" i said pointing to it
Thomas walked over to the door put his hand on the handle and open the door. when the door opened, we looked inside and saw a bunch of people dead on the floor. they were covered in blood and looked like they had been shot. we all walked inside together.
"what happened here?" winston asked
there was a lot of glass everywhere and bullets on the floor. we found another room with a giant desk, chairs and more bodies on the floor. Newt spotted a screen with cameras pointing to glade.
"so they were watching us" he said sadly "this whole time"
suddenly we heard someone talking we all turned around to see a screen with a video playing it was a woman in a white coat. She looked like a doctor.
or a scientist.
"hello my name is Dr ava Paige. I am Director of operations of the world catastrophe killzone department. If you're watching this that means you've successfully completed the maze trials." she went on to talk and explain that our earth had been scorched, and there was a disease killing most of the
population.
"remember, wicked is good" the woman then held a gun to her head and shot herself in the head.

i turned my head away when i heard the gunshot. Thomas then spotted the woman's body in the corner of the room.
we began walking towards the body, but before we got too close, an alarm started blaring.
"is it over?" chuck asked
then I remembered what was going to happen to Chuck, so I prepared myself for the worst. i grabbed chucks hand and gave him a smile trying to reassure him.
"she said we were important" newt stated " what are we supposed to do now?"
"I don't know" Thomas replied sadly " but let's get out of here"
"no" we heard a voice behind us, and we turned around to see the person we would least expect to be there.
"gally..."