Welcome to the Friend Zone

This oneshot idea was suggested to me by @JewelJada

If you have any suggestions or requests for what oneshots you want to see than feel free to let me know by commenting or dming me

But for now, enjoy the story 

______________________________________________________

Edd always loved to do art and animation. His dream was to open up an animation studio and after spending a couple years of earning enough money, he end up buying a building. Edd was aware how much work to requires to get a team of dedicated people who share the same passion as he does. Luckily, he was wasn't alone as he had help from a friend. 

"Thank you for helping with this, Tom! You're a lifesaver" said Edd, as he watched the latter set up chairs.

"No need to thank me. I'm glad that I could help" said Tom. 

Edd and Tom met each other when they were at art school. They were impressed by each other's talents and would often worked together on projects. They continued to be friends after they got out of art school. 

"Alright, that should be enough setting up. Let's get the show on the road!" said Edd.
"Right! I'm ready to start employing people" said Tom.

"Same! Starting from now onwards, we are open for business" said Edd. 

Edd flips the door sign to open before sitting down next to Tom as the they wait for people to show up. There was a few moments of silence only to be broken as Tom plays with a pen.

"I'm ready!" said Edd. 

Edd and Tom both sit there for awhile as a clock ticks only for time to fly by as the duo appeared to be in their 40's while the room that they were in was now painted in a dark green shade.

"I'm ready!" said Edd. 

"Uh Edd, I think I'm starting to lose my vision..." said Tom. 

The duo sits there for another few minutes as time goes by but, Tom and Edd were now in their 80's and weren't able to sit up straight in their chairs. This time the room was filled with cobwebs and had some mold growing on the walls. 

"I'm ready!" said Edd. 

Tom suddenly falls out of his chairs and onto the ground as the sounds broken bones could be heard once he made contact on the floor. 

"Uh Edd, I've fallen and I can't get up. Please call an ambulance" said Tom. 

Time goes by once more but this time, Edd and Tom were both dead and were buried on a hill that far from the building which was now being torn down. Back to the present, Edd suddenly wakes up, revealing that it was all dream. 

"Oh god, that sure was an awful dream. Tom, how long have we been sitting here?" asked Edd. 

Tom looks at his watch. "We've been here for two hours or longer. I'm not exactly sure since my watch's battery is dead" said Tom. 

Edd lets out a sigh of defeat. "Maybe this was a mistake. Guess animation isn't all that interesting to the people in this town" said Edd. 

Suddenly, a man wearing a white shirt and dark grey pants walked through the door while holding a lot of sketchbooks before noticing Edd and Tom. 

"Oh, hello there. I saw that you were hiring and I wanted to apply. I hope I wasn't too late" said the man. 

"Oh no, you're not late. Say, I see that you have an accent. Do you mind if I ask where you're from?" asked Edd.