Just A Little Confidence

This is for a contest on EW Amino called #WordsCanExpress where those who enter it will be given a word.

My word is "Confidence" which is defined as "the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust."

---------------------------------------------------------

There are many words on how Sheriff Thompson gets his job done. One of them has to be confidence. He's always telling people that with a little something they can do anything without hesitation. That "little something" was confidence. However, there was one person who didn't seem to be getting the message, so Sheriff Thompson is spending his day on teaching them instead of overseeing the town of Spitbucket.

"Alright Matthew" said Sheriff Thompson.

"It's Prince Matthew" corrected Prince Matthew.

"Whatever. For the past week, you've been kidnapped for 48 times" said Sheriff Thompson.

"What does that mean exactly?" asked Prince Matthew.

"What it means is that, Edward and I had to save you since you just don't know how to keep your guard up" said Sheriff Thompson.

"Oh" said Prince Matthew.

"I've been thinking about this for awhile and decided that I should help you" said Sheriff Thompson.

Prince Matthew scoffs at this. "Help me? I don't need any help. I got this"

"Are you sure about that?" asked Sheriff Thompson. "The last time I checked someone almost stole your crown"

"Luckily they didn't since I screamed and you came" said Prince Matthew.

"Yeah.....you need some help" said Sheriff Thompson.

After seeing that Prince Matthew doesn't understand the term confidence, Sheriff Thompson takes him under his wing. He gave out several tips, tricks, and lessons to Prince Matthew in fine detail.

"You want me to do what?" asked Prince Matthew.

"I want you to practice self defense" said Sheriff Thompson.

"B-But I can't do that" said Prince Matthew. "That's against the British Royal Family's code of law"

"I know that, but what if someone were to assassinate you behind your back?" asked Sheriff Thompson.

"That's actually a good point" said Prince Matthew.

"Right. Let's begin" said Sheriff Thompson.

As they were preparing to practice, a woman's scream came heard as gunshots followed shortly that came from outside which alarmed the two.

"What in tarnation?" asked Sheriff Thompson. "Wait here, I'll be back"

Sheriff Thompson leaves as Prince Matthew looked out of the window to see Edward being tied up by Eduardo and his gang.

"Let me go, you filthy bandits!" yelled Edward as he struggling in the ropes around him.

Eduardo smirks evilly as he chuckles. "And why would we do that when it's our lucky day?"

Sheriff Thompson gets out his gun and points it at the three bandits. "Hey! Let him go Eduardo"

"Ah well if isn't it, Sheriff Thompson" said Eduardo. "We'll let him go in favor of you handing the prince over to us"

Sheriff Thompson rolls his eye. "Like I'll ever do that"

"Are you sure? I guess you won't mind if we shot him right in front of everyone" said Eduardo.