Chapter 16: Neighfever

Flowers!” An Earth Pony named Dahlia called out while holding a pack of flowers, she is a light pink earth pony with white socks and a white belly. Her mane and tail are pale aqua green and her eyes are magenta, wears a wine color scarf and a flower on her left ear, and has lavender eyes and gray-brown hooves. “Homegrown flowers!” She announced to the ponies of Maretime Bay, with her right eye twitching. “Anypony? Flowers.” She said to the ponies around her flower stand, but they got a little freaky from her and ran off. “Anypony? Homegrown flowers! Flowers! Anypony?” She asked anypony around her but they just kept walking. She hasn't sold any flowers all day which is why she is asking anypony desperately to buy her flowers.

Next to her flower stand is is the smoothie stand Sunny is working at, Sunset and Hitch is there with her with Sunset working with Sunny while Hitch had a chat with the two while buying himself a smoothie as they watch Dahlia desperately tries to get anypony to buy her flowers, but to no luck all day as the three ponies feel pity for flower pony sellsmare.

“Poor Dahlia. Now that Earth Ponies have magic, no pony is buying her flowers anymore.” Sunny said in sympathy for Dahlia as they watched her waving the flowers in her hoove. Ever since Maretime Bay Day and the Earth Ponies getting magic and to grow plants like flowers, Dahlia’s business has been plumenting.

“Yeah. Since the Earth Ponies can grow plants and flowers now, Dahlia flower saling haven’t been good, especially since Maretime Bay Day.” Sunset added, feeling sorry for the Earth Pony mare who is trying to sell her flowers she worked hard to grow.

“One of a kind!” Dahlia announced as Posey was walking by as Dahlia turned to her. “Can’t be found anywhere else.” She said to Posey. But said Earth Pony stomps her hoof as Posey uses her Earth Pony magic to sprout a flower on the ground to prove her point that Earth Ponies can make their own flowers and anypony can find them.

“Ooohhh.” Sunset, Sunny and Hitch all cringe at Posey proving her point there.

“Okay. Even though that was just to prove a point, that’s just sad. Even for Posey standards.” Sunset added, not liking how when Posey makes a point, she doesn’t know that she sometimes hurt other ponies' feelings without knowing.

“Oh.” Dahlia said in a sad tone as Posey picked the flower that she grew out of the stem and placed it on her mane, finding it cute with a smile as she walked past Dahlia, not knowing that she is a little sad about this. “Perfect for a special occasion.” Dahlia keeps trying as she gives off a sad smile, knowing that nopony will buy her flowers anymore.

“It’s too hard to watch!” Hitch called out as he can’t stand seeing Dahlia sad and that nopony is buying her flowers, as Sheriff of Maretime Bay, it’s his right to keep everypony smiling, and seeing Dahlia like this, he can’t stand it, not even Sunset and Sunny can stand this. “I can’t take it anymore!” He added as he walked his way to Dahlia that he will buy some of her flowers to make the earth pony feel better as Sunset and Sunny watch as they feel sorry for Dahlia.

“Wow. For a pony who found her special place, it’s just sad to see her like this if her special place isn’t so special anymore, Sunny.” Sunset said to Sunny, feeling bad that somepony special place and talent isn’t so special anymore.

“Yeah, Sunset.” Sunny agreed to her mentor/big sister figure. “There must be some way to help her.” She added, wanting to find a way to help Dahlia not feeling sad about special talent not being special anymore.

Sunset nodded her head in agreement with Sunny as she spoke up. “Yeah, Sunny. There’s gotta be a way to help Dahlia. Maybe we can go talk to her after our smoothie job is done. So we can help her make her feel special again.” She suggested, wanting to help that earth pony feel special, knowing that Twilight would want to make everpony happy to make them feel special in their own way.