Chapter 38: Foal Food

In the kitchen, Sunny is sweating nervously as she is trying to make a batter of something as she used the stand mixer, then rolled the dough while grunting in effort to flatten it, and then she stirred them in a bowl in a fast paste.

After a little bit, Sunny smiled with sparkles in her eyes as she looked at a big dough with sprinkles on it. "I've done it!" She said victoriously, but then the dough deflates as it puff out some sugar and sprinkles on Sunny face, who have a shock look at this as she sighs in disappointment as Hitch and Sunset pop up from behind her as Sunny looked at the dough as it let out some air a bit as she gave it a look.

"Uh..." Sunset started, but she didn't know what to say.

"Hey, buddy." Hitch said slowly with a weird look and smile, wondering what Sunny is doing this time. "How's it going?" He asked.

"Yeah, Sunny. What's with the baking ingredients you are trying to perfect?" Sunset asked, wanting to know what Sunny is doing as well.

Just then, Izzy popped up beside the two ponies as she gave a cheery smile. "Oh! Are we dressing like mimes? Fun!" She cheered with a smile, after seeing the white flower on Sunny's face, she thinks she's dressing to be a mime, as Zipp and Pipp appeared next to know what is happening as well. "I am so ready." She said as she then did a mime personation with her front hooves as she gave off a little laugh while the others looked at her strangely, even Sunny as she raised an eyebrow at Izzy's question of the mime thing.

"Izzy. I don't think Sunny is doing a mime thing with a pile of baking dough." Sunset pointed out, knowing that's not what Sunny is doing.

"Uh, no. Not the mime thing." Sunny answered, confirming Sunset's thought as she wiped the dough and sprinkled off her face. "I just wanted to make you all your favorite Winter Wishday cookies." She explained, wanting to make her friends their favorite Winter Wishday cookies as her friends listen to what she is saying. "But I can't find the right recipes anywhere." She pointed out the mess of baking ingredients and recipe books in the kitchen while trying to get the right recipe for the cookies.

"From what we can tell, you were having a rough day trying to find it." Sunset comment, seeing Sunny's point while looking at the mess in the kitchen.

"Tell me about it." Sunny said in agreement as she looked through one of the books. "I mean, I've never even heard of a Kiwi Pile of Crystal Unicorn Cookies...." She pointed out while tossing the book as Izzy popped up from behind a counter while having sparkles in her eyes with her tongue out, one of her favorite treats as Sunny picked up another book. "Or Royal Banana Bite..." She added, which made Zipp and Pipp smile as Zipp licked her mouth as they smiled while placing their hooves on their cheeks while Zipp was biting her mouth, apparently the two sisters really love those cookies. "Or... or..." Sunny tried to remember the name of another cookie.

Hitch answered for Sunny with a smile. "Grandma Figgy's good old fashioned Marshmallow Citrus Crumblies?!" He answered with a smile while placing his hooves on his face with sparkles in his eyes, remembering the crumblies his grandmother made, his most favorite cookies.

"Exactly!" Sunny confirmed with a wave of her hoof.

"Wow. You ponies really love those cookies, huh?" Sunset asked after seeing the others' reactions from the cookie names Sunny just spoke.

"You have no idea, Sunset." Hitch said while he was still lost in his little world of the crumblies his grandmother made.

"Wait, Sunset. What's your favorite cookie?" Pipp asked, wanting to know what Sunset's favorite cookies were.

"To be honest, I don't have a favorite cookie. I like all kinds of cookies, I just can't choose one over the other." Sunset said, saying that she has her fair share of cookies, but can't really choose one over the other since they were all good.