The Return

Pentos

8 years later

Rhaegon had entered a tavern. At the age of 18, he was already lean and strong. He wasn't wearing any Targaryen colors or any clothing that made him look like royalty. Instead, he wore clothes that made him look as if he were a commoner.

"Good day, noble lords." Rhaegon greeted the two men who were drinking.

"Good day to you." One man greeted.

"The weather seems hot today. I could use a drink." Rhaegon said.

"Try some arbor gold. It's like nothing you've ever had." The other man said.

"Well then, I'll have some arbor gold." Rhaegon said, and the barkeep poured some wine for Rhaegon.

"What do you think?" The man asked Rhaegon.

"You're right. It's the best." Rhaegon said. He then turned to face the men. "What brings you both to Pentos?"

"The wine. I'm a wine farmer." The first man said and laughed.

"I'm a soldier. I have been all my life." The second man said. "I go where the road takes me. I recently visited Westeros."

"Ah, I'm from Westeros." Rhaegon said.

"Where in Westeros?" The second man asked.

"The best place to be. The capital." Rhaegon rose from his seat and sat with the two men. "I heard a tale of this man terrorizing the Stepstones. He feeds his victims to crabs. He then raised his cup, and the two men did the same. I was looking for two men who might know where he is. One was a wine farmer." He toasted to the wine farmer. He then looked at the soldier. "The other was a soldier." Rhaegon toasted to him as well. The three men looked at each other as they drank their wine. Suddenly, the soldier unsheathed his dagger and attempted to stab Rhaegon, but Rhaegon easily disarmed him. Rhaegon then read the carvings on the dagger. "Blood and Honor." Rhaegon read. He then looked at the soldier. "Which would you like to shed first?"

"I'm not telling you anything!" The man spat.

"So blood then." Before anyone could react, Rhaegon stabbed the soldier in this neck. Before the wine farmer could run, Rhaegon threw the dagger in his chest, and it instantly killed him. Rhaegon then walked to the barkeep.

"Please. All they do is drink wine here." He said.

"I've seen them enter with many men, women, and children, but I've never seen them leave." Rhaegon said. "I wonder what happened to those people that were brought in but never left."

"Please. I'll tell you anything. Just please spare me." The man begged.

"Tell me what you know, and I'll consider letting you live." Rhaegon said. The man started talking, and Rhaegon was horrified by everything this Craghas Drahar had done. "Remember when I said that I would consider letting you live. I've made my decision." Without hesitation, Rhaegon stabbed the man through his chest. He then left the tavern.

Kings Landing

Rhaenyra had just finished her flight and was on her way to see her mother. She was accompanied by her best friend Alicent Hightower.

"Ah, Rhaenyra." Aemma greeted. "You know I don't like when you flying while I'm in this condition."

"You don't like me to go flying when you're in any condition." Rhaenyra said.

"Your grace." Alicent greeted.

"Good morrow, Alicent." Aemma greeted back.

"Did you sleep?" Rhaenyra asked as she sat down next to her mother.