Rebel

Kings Landing

Viserys chambers

"What she did was an outrage! Embarrassment to our family!" Viserys shouted.

"Or perhaps she was provoked." Rhaegon defended.

"Unless you know why your sister acted the way she did, Rhaenyra should know better." Viserys pointed out.

Rhaegon had to hold back his laugh. "I'll talk to her, but you should tell Jason Lannister that his daughter should know her place." Rhaegon walked to the door

"Rhaegon, wait." Viserys said, and Rhaegon stopped. "I only wanted to help you. Will you not be helped?" He asked.

"You wanted to help yourself. You still believed that you had some form of control over me, but you don't." Rhaegon said.

"You have misjudged me, Rhaegon. I only want to see you content. Happy even." Viserys pointed out.

"And you think giving the lions absolute power would do that?" Rhaegon asked. "You've already given one ambitious snake free reign."

"What do you speak of?" Viserys asked.

"Otto. He won't stop until his blood is on the throne and you know this." Rhaegon spat.

"I know nothing of the sort." Viserys argued.

"Then you're truly blinded by Alicent Hightowers cunt." Rhaegon angrily stated.

"She is your queen. Show her respect." Viserys demanded.

"If I don't, you'll banish me as you did Daemon?" Rhaegon challenged.

Viserys sighed. "You have always understood that as rulers, we must marry for advantage."

"If you truly meant that you would've married Laena Velaryon!" Rhaegon snapped.

Viserys sighed in defeat. "I couldn't marry Laena Velaryon. She was a child." The king said.

"I didn't care that you remarried or that you didn't want to marry Laena. I only cared that you hurt Rhaenyra." Rhaegon said.

"Rhaegon...I'm sorry." Viserys apologized.

"I know you are, but it doesn't change what you did." Rhaegon said.

"I won't stop working for your forgiveness." Viserys said. The king then took out a letter from his pocket. "This was sent to me hours before you come home." He gave the letter to Rhaegon and the crown prince read it.

Rhaegon sighed. "I was hoping we wouldn't have to talk about this." It was the letter that confirmed that Rhaegon was dead.

"What happened to you, my son?" Viserys asked.

Rhaegon sat down as did Viserys. "We were ambushed. I didn't listen to Daemon and led 500 men to their deaths. The Crabfeeder killed a boy. A good boy. Only five and ten, and I couldn't protect him." Rhaegon remembered the fear in Edric's eyes as he died. "Craghas Drahar then killed me."

"But you're here. I don't understand." Viserys said.

"I wish I could find a better way to explain this, but something brought me back. I remember bits and pieces." Rhaegon said. "I remember two doors. I remember cold and darkness, I remember talking to someone. I don't remember his name, but I believe he brought me back."

"My son." Viserys rushed to Rhaegon and hugged him.

"I have to go to the Vale. I must talk to Edric's family." Rhaegon said. "They need to know that he died a hero."

"I understand, my son. Perhaps you will find a wife there as well." Viserys said.

"I'm not looking for a wife yet, father, but perhaps when I return, we can talk more about it." Rhaegon said and Viserys nodded.