Bound In Fire

Tower of the Hand

Otto was happy. He had received news from a boy last night. Rhaegon and Rhaenyra were seen in a brothel, and he wanted to report this to the king. This was all he needed to have the king disinherit Rhaegon and make Aegon the heir to the Iron Throne.

Viserys' chambers

Viserys was getting dressed when he heard a knock on the door. Come. He said, and Otto entered his chambers.

"Apologies for the early hour, your grace." Otto bowed his head.

"What is it?" Viserys asked.

"I have... discomforting news, and I thought it best shared discreetly before the council convenes." Otto said.

"Oh, not the Sea Snake." Viserys groaned.

Otto sighed. "I'm afraid it involves the crown prince, Rhaegon, and the princess, Rhaenyra."

"Have they been harmed?" Viserys asked with concern.

"It is no easy thing to tell a father of his children's exploits. I had considered saying nothing -" Otto was cut off by the king.

"What have they done?" Viserys asked.

"The crown prince and princess were spied last evening... beyond the walls of the keep... in a pleasure house." Otto said.

"What of it?" Viserys nonchalantly asked.

"The princess Rhaenyra was carrying on with her brother, prince Rhaegon." Otto said. :They were engaged in behaviors unbecoming of a prince or a princess."

"What behaviors?" Viserys impatiently inquired.

"Must I say it, your grace." Otto asked.

"You enter my bed chambers and accuse my children of something. So speak it. Plainly." Viserys demanded.

Otto sighed. "Rhaegon and Rhaenyra were seen together, in the bowels of the of a pleasure den...coupling."

Viserys chuckled. "This has to be a lie. You've been lied to." Viserys immediately defended his children.

"I wish that were true, your grace." The Hand of the King said.

"Who is responsible for this gossip? Have this rumor monger brought to me at once, and I will take their eyes." Viserys comanded.

"As your Hand, I must maintain trusted sources of information, and this one as yet, has never led me astray, and several of the servants have now admitted to seeing them, the Prince and Princess, creeping through the gates of Kings Landing, disguised at a page and a commoner during the hour of the owl." Otto said.

The king scoffed. "You're so sick with ambition that you would have my son stalked? Spied upon? Awaiting your best chance to destroy his reputation?" Viserys asked.

Otto sighed. "I have no such intent, your grace."

"You think yourself a cunning man? Your designs are obvious. Do you wish to have your blood on the Iron Throne so badly that you are willing to destroy mine own?" Viserys angrily asked. "Just get out. Leave me...at once."

This did not go the way Otto wanted it to go. Viserys was supposed to believe him without question. "Your grace." Otto bowed at left the Royal chambers. Viserys then slamed his hand on a nearby table. He then looked up and saw his wife Alicent. He didn't even care that she was there, so he walked past her.

Alicent was heartbroken. The man she loved had laid with his sister when it was supposed to be her.

Godswood