Chapter 6 (Part 1)

Hey everyone!! Thank you for the amazing feedback lately, it's really motivated me to keep writing. This chapter will be split into two parts it was a bit lengthy so I decided on this. As always thanks for reading! -A

A month had passed since Lauren met Camila they talked occasionally, the other girls becoming friends as well. Now they all hung out regularly, meeting at each other's house, and eating lunch in the courtyard. Today was Lauren's first softball game, it was a home game. She knew not to open her mouth about it considering last time Ally and Normani embarrassed her in front of the whole team.

She walked over to the regular table in the yard and sighed as she sat down. The girls had been eating and making small talk before greeting Lauren. ally was the first to notice her off behavior.

"Hey Lo what's wrong?" Asked Ally as she took a bite out of her sandwich.

"It's nothing." Lauren laughed slyly, her eyes met with Camila's at the other side of the table. "Hey Camz."

"Hi" Said Camila shyly. Lauren had given her the nickname at one of their group sleepovers, it rolled right off her tongue without her realizing it. The rest of lunch went by quickly with conversation here and there. Lauren was caught staring at Camila a couple of times as their eyes would meet, she would quickly avert her gaze else where feeling her cheeks getting hot every time.

Camila was in her last class when her phone vibrated. She pulled it out to see a text from Dinah:

2:10pm- Remember, my house afterschool ASAP. -Dinah

2:11pm- Got it, can't wait. -Camila

Once the bell rang Lauren got up and made her way to the locker room pulling out her uniform from her locker.

"Hey Laur." came a voice from behind Lauren. She turned around to meet a pair of blue eyes piercing into her's.

"Hey Casey." Greeted Lauren as she turned back around.

Great. She thought. Casey was the girl Lauren tried to avoid. It's not that she didn't like the poor girl, it's just that Lauren knew Casey had a crush on her. Now Casey wasn't rude by all means, she's the shy girl that barely talks when you meet her. Fortunately Lauren had to put up with it, seeing that Casey was one of her teammates.

"How was your day?" Asked Casey in almost a whisper.

"It was okay." Said Lauren as she pulled her shirt off to reveal her black sports bra. She wasn't afraid to show off her body Lauren thought it was near perfect, with her toned abs and amazing skin tone. As she slipped on her jersey she looked back at Casey.

"Everything alright?" Lauren noticed that her cheeks were stained red and her eyes we widened.

"Um yeah. I should get dressed, let's have a great game Laur." Said Casey as she quickly walked away.

Lauren rolled her eyes at the nickname, she never did like nicknames people would give her. She finished getting dressed and started towards the field with her team. She then noticed something out of the corner of her eyes that made her groan.

"WHOO GO LAUREN!!" Normani shouted from the bleachers, while Ally held up a sign that said "Go Jauregui."

"Wow looks like you've got your own pep squad over there Jauregui." Said one of her teammates.

"Yeah unfortunately." Said Lauren as she rubbed at her temple. She dropped off her equipment and walked over to the two girls.

"Why." Asked Lauren motioning to the banner and paint on the girl's faces.

"We're her to support you!" Said Ally cheerfully.

"But last-"

"Over here!" Shouted Normani motioning to someone behind Lauren. She turned around and her breath caught in her throat.

"Hey sorry it took so long Mila had to fix her makeup." Said Dinah walking to sit on the bleachers.

"Don't even start Dinah." Said Camila laughing. She was holding a bundle of shirts in her hands.

"Did you bring them?" Asked Ally walking over to the brunette.

"Of course, I worked on these things all night!" Said Camila. Lauren had never seen Camila so excited about something before, it made her smile. Camila handed the shirts to Ally and walked over to Lauren.

"Hey Lolo." Said Camila smiling.

"Hi" Lauren smiled at the nickname.

"Check it out!" Camila turned and moved her hair to the front. "Do you like it?"

The shirt was tie-dye and had Lauren's number on the back with "JAUREGUI" above it.

"Wow Camz! I love it, you made these yourself?" Asked Lauren as she admired the shirt.

"Mhm!" Camila turned back around and scrunched up her nose. "So you better win!"

Lauren laughed "Jeez no pressure."

"Camila come here real quick!" Called Dinah.

"Alright well the game will be starting soon so I better get going. Thanks for coming Camz." Said Lauren she started to turn around, but was stopped when Camila tackled her into a hug.

"No problem just do good." She pulled away and planted a kiss on Lauren's cheek. She could feel her cheeks burning up as Camila turned to join the other girls.

"I'll try." Lauren barely managed to get out before turning to head to the dugout.

Yes this is all a flashback/memory. I hope you enjoyed. I figured I'd not torture you all anymore with the sad stuff. Hmm..Maybe. Thank you all again for reading. Can't wait to get feedback!! -A<