Chapter 10

Lauren awoke the next morning to the sunlight shining through her window. She looked over to her clock which read 5:00 am. Thankful for not sleeping in, Lauren got up to get ready for school. She washed up, picked out and outfit for the day and headed downstairs to eat. She pulled her phone out to check her notifications.

L: Hey I'm sorry, I really needed some time to clear my head.

D: It's fine we all understood. I need to talk to you, will you be at school or are you not feeling up to it?

L: No I'll be there, I have to talk to you as well. Meet me in ten?

D: You got it.(:

Smiling to herself, Lauren grabbed her things and headed out the door. As she drove to school thoughts of Camila ran through her mind. She loved her. She truly did. This would work out, it had to.

The silence in Lauren's car was comforting, she arrived at school to find Dinah waiting for her by the parking lot. Getting out and opening the back door, Lauren smiled.

"You do realize you look lost, right?" Lauren laughed as she got her things from the car.

"Shut up." Dinah started walking as Lauren caught up.

"So. I figure you all saw Camz after I left?" Asked Lauren.

Dinah sighed. "Yeah we did."

"Did she remember you?" They made their way into the building.

"Um actually Lo. That's what I needed to talk to you about." Dinah stopped walking. "She remembers Ally and Mani as well as me." Lauren stopped in her tracks and turned around, a confused look on her face.

"Wait how could she? She met Ally and Normani when she met me?" Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "So I'm the only one she doesn't remember?"

"Well we didn't ask her about you. We didn't wanna set her off." They started walking again. "I mean it's kinda weird. If you want I could always-"

"No don't ask." Said Lauren. "I uh talked to Taylor last night and I got a new prospective."

"What do you mean?" Asked Dinah. "Do you not want her to know you?"

"No, no!" Lauren shook her head. "I do I just don't want to overwhelm her." She sighed. "Look if Camila doesn't know me anymore now, doesn't mean she won't in the future. I'm gonna be there for her as much as I can, even if it is just in the background." She ran a hand through her hair. "But I just need her to get better before she even thinks about a relationship."

They arrived at Lauren's locker, Dinah leaned against the wall. "It's not the end, I know I said it was but I was wrong. This? This is just a new beginning. I'm a stranger to her now and if by some miracle she allows me to just be her friend I'll be content with that." She closed her locker and leaned on it. "I love Camila. And it's like she once said, if you love something let it go." Lauren laughed at the memory.

"Wow Lo. I guess that's a way to put it." Dinah laughed. "You love her?"

"With all my heart." Said Lauren.

"Good. She's uh getting released from the hospital in a week. I'll give you updates on her." Explained Dinah.

"You better." Lauren laughed as they reached Ally and Normani.

"Hey y'all." Ally gave Lauren a smile. "How're you doing Lo?"

"Alright. New prospectives always help out. You two better give me updates too." Scolded Lauren.

"So you know?" Asked Normani.

"Dinah informed me." Said Lauren.

"Oh good. So you're all caught up?" Normani looked at the brunette worriedly.

"Yeah I am. Don't be worrying about me guys." She laughed as the bell rang. "I'll see you all at lunch." With that she made her way to her class.

-

A few lectures and introductions went by and Lauren was glad to hear the bell for lunch. She made her way to her locker, piling books into it when a voice came from behind her.

"Lauren?" She turned around to come face to face with a hazel eyed beauty.

"Oh, hi Paige." Lauren closed her locker and swung her bag over her shoulder.

"How are you? You look nice today." Said Paige as she gave Lauren a once-over.

"I'm better actually." Said Lauren, disregarding the compliment.

"Good! And Camila? How's she?" Asked Paige, her voice sounded genuinely concerned.

"Well she's awake and alive." Lauren smiled at those words.

"That's great!" Paige clapped her hands. "I bet you two couldn't keep away from each other, huh?" She smirked and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Actually, the complete opposite. Camz doesn't remember me." Lauren scratched the back of her neck.

"What do you mean she doesn't remember you?" Asked Paige as her smiled faded.

"I mean just that. She doesn't have a clue who I am. She literally threw a fit when she saw me. So now I have to start over." Lauren sighed. "There's no us anymore, I'm a complete stranger."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Paige pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay." Said Lauren pulling away.

"You seem so.. Okay with it?" Said Paige.

"Well I wasn't. I'm still not if I'm being honest. I just, you know got a new prospective. It's really changed the way I look at this." Explained Lauren.

"Alright well if-"

"Hey blonde!" A boy called from the other side of the hall. "Let's go!" Paige gave him a crossed look as she flicked him off.

She turned back to Lauren giving her a sympathetic smile. "Sorry that's Matt. I gotta go before he sends the whole football team after me." She rolled her eyes and laughed. "It was nice talking to you Lauren. And I'm really sorry about Camila." She trailed her fingers down Lauren's arm.

"It's alright, I'll see you around." Lauren smiled.

"I'm looking forward to it." Paige smiled and turned to walk off.

"Oh Paige?" Lauren grabbed her wrist. "Thank you."

"For what?" Asked Paige.

"Listening." Lauren let her wrist go.

"Always." Paige smiled before she caught up with her group.

-----

Well. I don't know who's reading this still. I've really been thinking and I'm not sure if I wanna write this anymore if no one is reading. Sorry I absolutely love writing this is been so much fun and there's still so much more to come but it seems like no one is here anymore.

Thanks for reading. -Lex