Chapter 18

The rest of the week went by quickly it was friday evening Dinah, Normani and Ally were waiting for Lauren at her locker.

"Where is she?" Dinah looked at Normani. "You miss a couple days of school and Lauren disappears.

"She's usually here-"

"Oh my gosh look." Ally gasped at the two girls walking towards them.

"Hey guys." Camila waved.

"Hi." Normani replied shock in her voice.

"Guys this is Lauren. I met her the other day." Lauren waved at the three girls.

"Hey, hope you girls don't mind if I hangout with you."

"Not at all!" Ally clapped her hands together.

"Someone's happy today." Camila laughed as Ally's eyes started to tear up.

Camila rolled her eyes playfully and looked at Dinah who had her head hung low. "Can I talk to you?"

Dinah lifted her gaze, "Sure." The two girls went to the other side of the hallway, while the other three spoke excitedly.

"I'm sorry," Camila leaned against the wall, "for yelling at you and lying. It's just hard to try to adjust to this all so quickly." She motioned to herself.

"I know." Dinah spoke up, "you're fine I'm sorry for going off. But I'm not sorry for almost killing Harper."

"Yeah about that. Look she's my friend and if you can't accept her then I don't know what to tell you." Camila met Dinah's eyes.

"Just don't let her get too comfortable." Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Dinah." Camila scolded.

"I'll learn to get over it." Dinah sighed.

"Thanks Cheechee."

"No problem Chancho." She pulled Camila into a tight hug before they joined the group.

"So, wanna go to my house everyone? For movie night?" Camila offered.

"Yeah." The group said in unision.

They arrived at Camila's house not long after, going to her room to settle down before dinner.

"Well this is my room." Camila turned to Lauren as she walked in.

The pictures on the walls had been removed, Lauren's heart dropped. It was so plain and dull, she couldn't help but think that that's how Camila felt.

"What do you think? I mean it's not much, but yeah." She laughed. "The other decorations were just.. Not me per say."

"It's nice." Lauren smiled. "What movie are we watching tonight?"

Camila clapped her hands, "oh, we're watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

"Oh? Interesting choice." Lauren grew confused.

"Well I really like horror movies, it's funny because all Dinah, Mani and Ally do is hide under a blanket." Camila laughed.

"Chancho! Where's the movie at!" Dinah called from downstairs.

"Ugh one sec," Camila ran out the door leaving Lauren behind.

She looked around at the walls remembering all of the photographs and memories that used to lye there. Lauren caught sight of a box under the bed. Glancing over her shoulder, she could hear the laughter of the group before proceeding. She picked up the worn shoe box and set it on the bed opening it to find all of Camila's mementoes.