Chapter 14

Camila woke the next morning to a knock at her door. She lifted her head up to see the clock reading 6:00am.

"Who is it?"

A small voice came from the other side of the door.

"Camila mommy said that you need to wake up if you wanna go to school!"

Camila's eyes widened, how could she forget?

"Okay thanks, Sofi, I'll be right down." She called out while jumping out of her bed. She slipped on a pair of jeans, white converse and a blue hoodie. Checking her hair in the mirror before heading down the stairs.

"Good Morning Mija." Sinu was serving Sofi a plate of pancakes when Camila walked in.

"Morning." She yawned and sat at the table.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Good, good." The young girl took a bite of her food to cover for the lie.

In fact, Camila hadn't slept, but three hours. The thoughts of not being able to remember parts of her life haunting her. All the pictures on the wall mocking her, no memory left just a photo.

"Camila." Said Sinu sternly, she had drifted off without realizing it.

"What?"

"Your sister is talking to you."

Camila looked over to Sofia who had a huge smile across her face.

"Sorry," she shook her head, "what did you say?"

Sofia giggled at rolled her eyes playfully. "I said. Butterfly Queen one!" She lifted her index finger in the air.

Camila looked confused she didn't know what the meant. She looked over to her mom who nodded towards the toddler.

"Uh?" She bit her lip.

"Well would you look at the time! You're gonna be late to school!" Sinu interrupted, "go get your stuff.

Camila got up and quickly walked out of the room she couldn't understand what Sofia was trying to say. Her thoughts were everywhere, Camila tried desperately to figure it out.

Soon she was at school, sending a quick text to Dinah for her to meet her out front.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sinu parked the car and looked over to Camila.

"Yes mom don't worry." She looked out the window to try to find Dinah.

"If you change your mind I-"

"Mom I said I'm fine!" Camila turned around and rolled her eyes, "you know what," she stepped out of the car, "I'll see you later."

She started after the door when a girl stepped in front of her. Nearly colliding with her, Camila darted her eyes up to meet a pair of grayish orbs.

"Sorry." The red haired girl smirked.

"No that's okay." Camila moved to go  around the girl but was stopped again.

"I just wanted to say that you're really beautiful." The girl smiled making Camila blush.

"Thank you." Camila tried to go around the girl but was stopped, once again.

"My name is Harper, do you wanna come hang out?" She pointed to two other girls who waved to Camila.

"I'm actually looking for someone right now." She declined.

"Oh." Harper looked down at her feet, "I see well maybe next time." She started to walk back to her group when Camila sighed. She pulled her phone out to read a text from Dinah.

"You here yet?"

Ignoring the message, Camila put her phone back in her pocket at called out.
"Harper wait!" She caught up to the red haired girl, "change of plans I can hangout for a second." Harper's face lit up.

"Awesome."
----
Halo!! How's everyone doing? It's been a while I know and this is a short chapter, sorry. I'm just setting up for the rest. Thank you for reading! Make sure you love yourselves. -Lex