Chapter Two: He Is Back

The morning was just starting, clear sky and sunny, but it was chilly, Chan's favorite weather, you could enjoy the sun hitting your face and feeling warm without melting in the heat thanks to the chilly weather.

He was outside the school's parking lot, he saw Jamie leaving her mom's car, her mom waved Chan goodbye as his blonde girlfriend was fast walking towards him.

- "The only thing that makes coming to school a good thing it's seeing you face, you know?"- she said wining, but the smile showed the excitement of seeing her boy.

- " Hey princess, how you feeling?" - He asked grabbing her bag and kissing her cheek.

They walked inside, talking about their morning, Chan had a rough morning, he didn't want to wake up, but knowing he would see her and Felix today made it easy.

Felix...

The thought of his friend coming back after months of not seeing each other made him so exited. Even Jamie needs Felix back, she knew she wouldn't have to deal with Chan wining about missing his brother so much, she loves listening to Chan, but damn, that boy was empty without Felix, and honestly he also felt jealous that the boy got to spend time in Australia. Chan also missed his hometown.

They walked into the center area of the school, an open place filled with tables, chairs, gardens, you could see people eating, sleeping in the grass, playing with balls, all type of things.

Jamie said hi to some of her girlfriends as they walked his way to a table next to a tree, Chan was constantly looking around trying to find Felix, but nothing so far.
They did get to see his other friends.

Jeongjin was walking towards them, with Jisung, Seungming behind him, and even further was Changbin with Minho and Hyunjin... Seemed like everyone was arriving on time of the first day, everyone but Felix.

- "CHAN!!" - Changbin screamed and ran towards his friend, they hugged. Eventually everyone arrived, Changbin sat next to Chan, Jisung next to Jamie, in front was Jeongin, Seungmin and Minho... Hyunjin stayed up.

-"How was your summer guys?" - Jaime asked, she knew Chan hanged out with the across the summer, sometimes with all of them, sometimes with just a few.
He would usually avoid Minho and Hyunjin, to this day, Jaime doesn't know why, she has her suspicions though.

Everyone started talking about their summer in a very shorter version, but Chan was ignoring everyone and kept looking around.

- "Are you sure he is back?" - Jaime asked.

- "He said he would be back" - Chan answered.

- "Who are you talking about" - Hyunjin asked curious, he could tell Chan was worried, he was easy to read, he was very expressive with his face.

- "OH MY GOD" - Jisung screamed - " Felix gets back today isn't?" - He asked all excited.
- "Oh" - That was all Hyunjin said, he seemed sad, Jamie recalled.
- "Yes, last time we spoke he said he would be back in time to start the new year, he would be back for the first day of class" - Chan said getting up, it was about time for the ball to ring, which only meant that Felix was either coming late or not coming at all.

Jamie could see Chan's expression, a mixture between worried and mad. She stood up quickly and grabbed his hand.

-"Come on, let's go to class, you can always call him after class, he probably fell asleep because of the jetlag or something" She said patting softly his back, she was concerned as well, this was weird of Felix.

- "WAIT" - This time Jeongin was the one who screamed -" LOOK... THERE" He pointed towards one of the entrance of the school, everyone turned around, Seungmin even had to get up cause Minho was blocking his vision, well even Minho turned around, and there he was, but wait... Everyone stayed silent, as Felix walked towards them, he recognized Chan and Jamie, and as he came closer he put names to the rest of the faces he saw.

- "What the hell?" - Hyunjin broke the silence, he clearly spoke out loud what everyone was thinking, that was Felix, but was it Felix though?

- "Hey guys" - His aussie accent clearly fresh from Australia, but that wasn't what caught everyone's attention, it was his looks

Yes he was wearing the school uniform like everyone else, but it was the way he was wearing it, white shoes, everyone was wearing black, his black trousers, the white button up shirt, but left the top ones unbuttoned, he wore a grey vest on top, with some necklaces, rings on his hands, and some glasses, and his hair, his hair was long, around his ears, blonde and wavy.

- "Oiiii, what happened to you?" - Chan said as he ran towards Felix, the now blonde boy and lifted up spinning around, Felix was laughing loudly, he clearly was happy to see his friend

-"Do i look that different?" - He genuinely asked, and that's when it hit Chan the most - "Bro! what happened to you voice?" - Felix's voice clearly deepened during the summer, he sounded like a old man trapped in the body of an skinny 18 years old boy.

-"What did they feed you with in Australia?" Jamie said walking close to the boys still hugging each other, she hugged the blonde boy, he smiled when he saw her.

The rest of the boys were just shocked, last time they all saw him, he was shorter, dark hair, dressed completely different and even his voice wasn't that deep, they all just stared.

The bell rang and everyone went to class, on their way Jisung and Jeongin talked to Felix, asking more and more questions, behind them was Hyunjin who was completely silent and Minho who was looking at the three boys talking, his eyes seem focused on one, but his face showed some resentment.