Chapter 18 (Fake freinds)

I pushed out of my chair as the bell rang which indicated class was over. I made my way to the door fully expecting Sam to follow me but she didn't. I turned and saw her still sitting there.

"Sam? Are you coming?"

Sam looked at me. She looked sad. Like a kicked puppy.

"No, you can go on ahead I need to talk to the teacher."

I kept looking at Sam as she moved swiftly out of her chair.

I walked out of the classroom door. As I was standing in the hallway I could see Kernsie standing outside the door. Watching as Sonia walked down the hallway laughing.

"Thanks for what you said back there."

She gave me a sideways look.

"It was no big deal."

I stepped a little closer to her and Kernsie moved closer into the wall.

"Listen, about last night, I didn't know what you were doing and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but I just don't see you in that way."

She huffed and blew a piece of hair out of her face.

"The kiss was never about you. I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression."

She moved off the wall and started walking down the hallway. Never looking back at me.
Sam made her way out of the classroom. She saw me and started moving faster. She completely passed me without saying anything.

I made my way to the lunchroom. Partially pissed because of what just happened.

I sat down at some random lunch table where a girl was crying and her mascara was falling of her face.

I started picking my nails, very unimpressed with the things happening around me.

"Hi Avery." I turned around, and saw Diana holding a sandwich in her hand. She waved at me.

"Mind if I sit? I haven't seen you in a while."

As she spoke I started moving my backpack off the bench beside me.

"Yes of course. Please sit."

Diana looked startled by my eagerness but sat down nonetheless. Today she wore a baby blue dress with ruffles at the end. Her hair was still in its same curly poufy thing at the top of her head, this time secured with a blue ribbon.

"I saw you sitting by yourself, are you ok? You look so pissed off right now."

I stared at her as she spoke, trying to think of something to say. I decided the truth was the best option.

"No not really actually, my freinds are acting really strange so I feel really ostracized today."

Diana laughed. It sounded gorgeous.

"Yeah freind's suck honestly. This may sound really bad but it's better off not to get close to people and have freind's it's - how do I say- better to stay in your own little world before you end up getting hurt."

I chuckled. "You know I thought the same exact thing when I transferred to this school. I didn't even want to make freind's."

"How's that working out for you?"

"Not to good. Especially since I met you."

Diana's eyebrows shot up.

"I mean I consider you a Freind, so my plan clearly did not work."

I smiled at her and she smiled back at me with those dimples of her's.