Chapter Fourteen

Hanbin was briefly woken up by the bright sun blazing through the window. It was early in the Saturday morning. He was cuddling with Zhanghao who was still sound asleep.

"Hao~ Wake up." He lightly shook his body, making him turn around and face the Korean.

"M." Hao hummed in a sleepy voice after rubbing his eyes.

"How are you feeling?"

"Tired, but okay."

"Doesn't hurt?"

"No."

"Good." Hanbin smiled. "Let's go downstairs and eat something, my mom already knocked on the door like 10 minutes ago to come eat breakfast."

"Okay." Hao nodded and rolled out of bed. "Do I look clapped out?" He asked, making Hanbin let out a low giggle.

"Nah, you're good." He reassured.

"Alright."

After both of the males had gotten dressed up, they finally went downstairs.

"Good morning, Mr and Mrs Sung." Zhanghao politely said and sat down at the table, Hanbin doing the same as he sat next to him.

"Good morning, boys." Hanbin's mom greeted. "How was your night?"

"Very good. Better than usual." Hao said with a slight smile as he received a kick under the table from the male next to him.

"Oh, that's great. I'm glad you rested well."

"Yup." Zhanghao smiled and started eating his breakfast. In all honesty, he was so hungry after last night. "So delicious."

"Eat as much as you please."

"So how is your stay at this house?" Hanbin's father asked.

"Good, the house is beautiful."

"Thank you. We put a lot of work into the interior."

"I can really tell."

"When are you going back home?" The man asked, making Hao's heart stop for a quick second.

"Oh, I don't know yet." He nervously chuckled.

"Maybe it's time—"

"Dad," Hanbin immediately cut him off, "Let him stay for a bit more. He can't go home yet."

"Why?"

"It's not really your business."

"Well it is my business if he lives under my roof."

The thing was that Hanbin's father wasn't fully informed on exactly why Zhanghao was staying. Only his mother kind of knew (not all details of course, for privacy reasons) and that's why he was asking so many questions without thinking too much about it.

"What could possibly be so wrong about his own home if he can't go back?"

"Dad, stop."

"No, I want to know why he started living here." His father questioned more.

"It was not by choice, it was a necessity, please don't ask more questions."

"Just tell me why, I just want to understand why a random guy is staying at my house."

Hanbin's mom had her head low, not daring to interfere.

"Tell me." He urged.

"..."

"C'mon, just tell me."

"His dad is abusive." Hanbin finally said, receiving a pleading glare from Zhanghao not to explain any further.

"Abusive?" The man popped a brow.

"He tried to force himself onto Zhanghao, that's why he can't go home right now. Technically he could, but neither him or I want him to go back there."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Hanbin's father instantly apologised.

"Excuse me for a second." Hao quickly said and after standing up from the table, walked upstairs.

"Hao—" Hanbin started, but only heard the door of his bedroom close. "Shit."

"I'm sorry, son, I pressured the answer out of you. I should have just taken the hint and stopped the questioning."

"You should go check up on him." His mother said.

"Yeah." Hanbin mumbled and excused himself from the table.

He walked upstairs and knocked on his bedroom door, "Can I come in?"

No answer.

"I'm coming in." He said and opened the door, walking in.

Zhanghao was sitting on the bed, eyes on his phone as he didn't even acknowledge the other's presence.

"Hey, listen, I'm sorry I told him."

Hao looked up at him, "Why did you even tell him that. You knew I didn't want your parents to know. I trusted you."

"I know, I didn't mean to hurt you, but I thought that they deserved to know. It was important information."

"Important? It was my personal business. You had no right to share it without my permission."

"But it affects everyone. Keeping it secret felt wrong. I was scared that my father might tell you to go back home." Hanbin explained.

"You made me look like a fool! A man tries to force himself onto a man? You know how that sounds?!"

"I understand you're upset, but I genuinely believed I was doing the right thing. Sometimes the truth needs to come out, even if it's hard."

"The right thing?" Hao grimaced. "The right thing would have been to talk to me first. To respect my privacy and my decision not to tell them."

"Well my mom somewhat knew."

"Not the SA part! You couldn't have just said some other reason why I was staying?" The Chinese asked in a slight passive aggressive manner.

"My mind went blank, I'm sorry! I know I shouldn't have told him the truth, I panicked."

"I didn't want them to know. I don't want anyone to know! There was literally no need for you to out me like that!"

"There was definitely a need! He would have told you to leave, and you can't. I'm not letting you leave." Hanbin said slightly annoyed.

"It's not just about what you did, it's about how you did it!"

"I know, and I'm sorry for that. I acted impulsively and didn't think about the impact it would have on you."

"Exactly. Trust goes both ways. If you wanted to tell them you should have talked to me about it first."

"I see your point. I should have considered your feelings more. But I still believe that honesty is crucial."

"Honesty is important, but so is trust. You've broken that trust, and now I don't know what other things should I not tell you at all."

"I regret how things turned out. I'll do whatever it takes to earn back your trust. Can we at least try to find a way to fix this? Please know that I'll work hard to prove myself again. I value our relationship a lot."

"I appreciate that." Zhanghao said. "Just understand that it's going to take a while for me to feel secure with you again. We'll see how it goes."

"Fair enough. I'll be patient and show you that you can count on me. I won't let you down again."

"Okay."

"I'm sorry. I won't try to find any excuses, I admit I fucked up and I'm sorry about it." Hanbin said, sitting on the bed next to the older.

Zhanghao looked at him, he kinda was staring to feel bad for getting so upset when all Hanbin was trying to do was to keep a stable roof over Hao's head.

"It's okay." He sighed.

"I'll do whatever it takes to make things right and to earn back your trust. Thank you for being willing to try."