Chapter 2; The Princess Saves the Dragon

The Princess Saves the Dragon

Lucy Heartfilia couldn't move, couldn't breath, couldn't wrap her mind around what her eyes were taking in. Impossible.
The word echoed throughout her fried mind over and over again. The word wouldn't click, it would just fall...fall...until it disappeared in the black chasm that was the Princess' mind.
Impossible...
Then, if it is so impossible...Lucy thought to herself numbly. Why is the impossible before me? More importantly, why was was the impossible moving?!

As Lucy watched with fear, the pale boy shifted on the rocks that he was lying on. Broken pieces of the bigger rocks came crumbling down. They rolled down from their perch to splash into the blood that pooled around the crushed rocks. Then, the boy stilled after he gave a raspy moan. Plue, Lucy's dog, was still snarling. Tail and spine ram rod straight as he faced the winged boy.

Monster
Monster.
Monster.
That was all Lucy could think to describe him. Just one word. Just one.
One word that meant a thousand.
Images of carnivorous eating demons leaving behind mounds of mangled flesh, played through her mind. Making her breath catch. Screams filled her ears as she envisioned her home crumble in a storm of fire. Icy fingers ran up her rigid spine, sending shivers throughout her. Her teeth clanked together, her hands shook violently.

Lucy had never felt such fear.

It was eating away at her. Corrupting her mind. Making her determination wither away. The ugly feeling seeped into her bones, making them quake.
I can't do this, Lucy thought with growing terror. Her mind only making her even more afraid.

"There's goes my writer's mind," Lucy breathed out. Her eyes going back to the Dragon looking boy. Even though she was a good few feet away, Lucy could still feel the sheer amount of power the boy possessed. It washed over her, flittering across her skin. It made her feel warm.

The dying boy was powerful.

The dying boy.

He was dying, Lucy knew. He was dying, someone was fading away in front of her, and Lucy was doing nothing. Nothing to help save him. Just because she was afraid of how he looked. He must be scared too, the blond thought, putting her hands to her chest. She could feel her rapidly beating heart.

Anyone, even monsters, are scared of Death.

This made Lucy Heartfilia move.

She took a hesitant step forward, the muscles in her legs tensing to run. Plue noticed her sudden movement, and growled his dislike. Lucy spared her dog a glance before taking another step forward. Her heart was in her throat.

Cold sweat dotted across her brow, and the back of her neck. Her hands were clenched into tight fists. Her nails dug into her palms, leaving behind cresent moon indentions. Plue, sensing that his Master was not going to head his warnings, followed after her. A menacing growl still rumbled in his small chest, but he still trotted after his Master. The little dog stayed close to Lucy's heels as she shuffled along.

Blood roared in her ears, making her deaf. Spots appeared in her vision, blinding her. Her world titled the closer she got to the unmoving winged boy. Lucy was going to have a panic attack. She clutched at her chest where her heart was beating too fast. Her nose was filled with the coppery scent of spilled blood. It invaded her senses, making her stomach turn, and for bile to make its way up her throat.

With a shaky breath, and with determination flowing through her, Lucy Heartfilia carefully crouched down in the bloody grass.

Right next to the winged boy.