Chapter 19; ~Gone~

~Gone~

Song; Hymn for the Missing

~Thank you all for the votes! I love to read comments from everyone telling how they felt and what's on their mind about these chapters. It makes me so happy and gives me more courage to write when I hear from you all~

~Natsu's P.O.V~

Natsu Dragneel slashed his wings through the air with so much power that it made the wind whistle in his ears. The moon's light shined down upon his scales, making them glitter and glow each time he flapped his wings. Natsu's sharp eyes searched the ground as he circled the castle high up in the sky where no human eye could spot him.

Then he saw it; his target.

Natsu tucked in his wings and dive bombed out of the sky. Wind whipped through his hair and made his scarf do a crazy dance as if to keep up with the fast tempo the wind set. His eyelids lowered to shield his eyes from the harshness the cold element dealt out. Natsu's eyes dilated as the ground got closer and closer...his eyes snapped open and his pupils expanded.

Natsu unleashed his wings just in time to stop himself from scraping his face in the dirt. With a gently flap, he dropped onto the ground, tucked in his wings, and jogged over to the hole he had created a couple of nights before. Along the way, he allowed his Dragon features to fade away in a cloud of ash. Natsu was glad the guards hadn't noticed the melted metal as he slipped through. This time, he was prepared for the darkness that greeted him coldly.

With a snap of his fingers, a flame appeared, and the darkness recoiled. Natsu scanned the area of the cavern where he had landed and when he saw no threat, he continued forward. He had to admit, it was far creepier down here than last time. Well, he had had Lucy and Happy with him at the time. It was just too dangerous to bring them along this time. That didn't stop him from feeling lonely though.

How strange was it that just under a month, if Lucy wasn't with him whenever he went off onto an adventure, Natsu didn't quite enjoy them like he used to?

The Dragon Slayer shook his head as he coaxed his little flame to burn brighter. He would need it to if this plan was going to work. Levy had informed him that if he wanted his Nest Mates to get out safely, he would have to burn the Lacrimas at just the right temperature, at just the right angle. But, after he busted the Lacrimas, Levy had said that alarms would go off, signaling the guards.

Natsu and the rest of the Dragon Slayers would have to be gone by then.

Erza had said that she would handle the alarms if she could get to them in time. The key was timing. They only had until the fireworks show ended and the music stopped. Natsu had roughly eighteen minutes. Eighteen minutes to burn something that could kill him carefully. Eighteen minutes to wake his Nest Mates. Eighteen minutes to avoid capture.

And eighteen minutes to get back to Lucy.

As soon as Natsu skidded into the room with the glowing blue and white Lacrimas that held his family inside of them. He got to work lighting them up. It was a tedious task that had Natsu cursing and snarling. It was so not his style to burn things slowly. He was more the, "Let's light everything on fire and worry about the consequences later," type of Dragon.

After what seemed like an eternity, there was a pop, and a hiss of steam, and a body fell out of the crystal prison. Natsu swiftly caught the small form in his arms with a relieved breath.