Chapter 31; A Dragon's & Demon's Agony

~A Dragon's &
Demon's Agony~

Song; Sound the Bugle

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Tell me what you all think in the comments please!

Darkness filled the void where a body was floating peacefully within. Cherry blossom hair danced gently in front of a young man's still face. His body had been freed of scratches, bruises, and the deadly wound that had taken his life. His neck was bare; empty. His clothes tattered and stained with blood. And there was no heartbeat or sound of low breathing to fill the silence.

Natsu Dragneel's eyes snapped open.

He gasped harshly as he sat bolt upright. Darkness was the only thing that greeted his eyes. Natsu could feel goosebumps peppering his skin as he twisted his head to look behind him. The same sight greeted him.

Natsu wanted to see a kind face.

"L-Lucy?" He rasped out, his voice echoing, and coming back to him ghostly. Hauntingly.

"She's not here."

Natsu spun around and his eyes landed upon E.N.D's smirking face.

"Only I am."

The Dragon narrowed his eyes at the Demon. Seconds passed by in silence as they both seemed to study one another. Natsu titled his head to the side.

"You made me look awful." He deadpanned. "Worse than that Underwear King."

E.N.D balked and in those few moments that the Great Demon Lord was distracted, Natsu turned on his heel, and began to wander off. E.N.D snapped out of it and shook his fist in the air. "Where the hell do you think you are going?!" He screamed, smoke curling from his mouth.

Natsu ignored his other half's cry and continued to walk further into the never ending darkness. E.N.D stomped his foot and cursed. "Do you not listen when people are trying to talk to you?!" Now that made Natsu chuckle. "You are the second Demon that has asked me that tonight." The Dragon stopped and looked over his shoulder with a smirk. "And the answer is still the same."

"You are infuriating!" E.N.D snarled.

"You're annoying!" Natsu shot back.

"You are an insolent child that needs to listen to I!" The Demon snarled, flapping his wings, and landing inches away from his lesser half's face.

"I don't care what you have to say!" The Dragon growled, butting heads with the Great Demon Lord. They glared at each other for a moment. Eyes made of emerald clashed with pulsing black and red ones.

"Oh?" E.N.D pulled back with a smirk on his cracked face. "I bet that I can change that." Natsu stood his ground. "I doubt that." He crossed his arms over his chest and reached a hand up to his neck. A flash of panic shot through his system when his fingers brushed against his flesh.

Natsu's scarf was missing.

E.N.D tracked the impulsive action. It was almost too perfect. The Demon took that moment to strike.

"I bet you do not even remember or know just how you got that wicked scar on your neck..." E.N.D smiled when Natsu immediately touched the old scar that his scarf always hid. "Do you?"