Chapter 12; Mark of the Fairies

~Mark of the Fairies~

As always, I would love to hear from everyone in the comments!
I hope you all enjoy this new chapter ^.^

Lucy Heartfilia, even though her body was shaking violently, her eyes were alight with determination. There was no fear in them. The only emotion coursing through them was the fierce need to protect.

Natsu had protected her.

Now it was her turn.

There was a charred body beside her, a sword laying by the man's smoking hand. Lucy reached down and wrapped her slender fingers around the hilt. With a grunt, she hefted the sword up, and held it out in front of her. Only, with a cry, the sword fell from her grip. Her right hand flashed to her shoulder that was throbbing with waves of pain.

Then, it hit her just as a smirk crossed Jose's face.

Lucy couldn't fight.

Not when she was already injured so badly. Tears of frustration filled her eyes, making her vision hazy.
Why...?

Jose howled with laughter and he started to make his way lazily toward her. They both knew that he had won.

Why...why can't I protect my loved ones?

"Well, Princess, it seems-"
Brilliant yellow light lit up the clearing and thunder boomed! Lucy screamed as a large bolt of lightning lit up the sky and the long bolt zipped down from the dark sky. Heading straight towards the man that had attacked her. Almost as if it knew who its target was.

The bolt hit the ground with a crackle and struck Jose

Lucy covered her ears and shut her eyes so she wouldn't see the black remains of the Bandit Master...or hear his screams of agony. When Lucy reopened her eyes, the yellow light was gone, and so was the sudden lightning and thunder.

A storm had gone and went in seconds.

Lucy let out a shuddering breath as she slowly turned around to face Levy. The petite girl was looking to the sky with narrowed eyes. Her face was full of immerse concentration, but when she saw Lucy, her lips formed a smile.
"I guess you won, Lu-chan..."

She stared at her friend for a moment longer before nodding. Her voice was laced with shock as suspicion took over her. "Yay, Levy-chan, I won."
But how did I win?

Her thoughts were cut short when two groans filled her ears.

"Lucy-Sama...?"