Chapter 14; Dragon's Past

~Dragon's Past~

Song; Icarus

"I want you to punch me in the face, Lucy."

"You want me to punch you in the face?"

"Aye."

"You should have called Gray. He'd love too."

A tick mark, bright and red, appeared on Natsu's forehead. "I'll burn that icy bastard before he can touch me!" Lucy chuckled, "Calm down before you burn down the Garden." A puff of smoke flowed from his mouth. "Come on, Lucy, hit me." His eyes flashed with a mischievous light. "Or are ya too afraid?"

Lucy's eye twitched, "Afraid of what?"

Natsu smirked, "Of hurtin' a defenseless Dragon." Lucy couldn't help but scoff. There wasn't anything defenseless about him. "Don't go crying when I knock a fang loose." She warned, cocking back her arm, balling her hand into a fist. "Oh, now I'm scared." He mocked.

Lucy pursed her lips as she let her fist fly. Her accuracy was on point, her knuckles were going to smack right into his cheek bone, fracturing it.
Only nothing happened when her hand connected. Well, except for the quiet crack that came from Lucy's hand.

She gasped and brought her hand back to chest. She stared down at her hand that was quickly becoming red. "Ow!" Lucy cried, flexing her aching fingers. Her eyes shot to Natsu who hadn't even moved an inch from her hit. "Ohhh! You make me so mad!" She yelled, shoving her index finger in his face. He blinked, "Is your hand okay, Lucy?"

"Yes! No!" She whined, rubbing at her sore hand. Natsu sighed as he took her hand in his warm one. "You're not only weird, but you're difficult, too." He told her, much to her annoyance.
"What are you-?" Her words died off when she felt his hands beginning to heat up. The warmth seeped into her hurt hand, slowing getting rid of the ache that had been there.

After another second, Natsu let go, and pulled back, a grin on his face. "There, all better!" Lucy flexed her fingers experimentally, surprised to find that it didn't hurt any more. "Thanks, Natsu." She breathed, staring at her hand, transfixed.

"Huh huh," was his distracted reply, he was working on tying his scarf around his head. Once he was satisfied with securing it, he held up his hand, palm up.

"Hit my hand now

"Hit my hand now." He instructed.
Lucy narrowed her eyes at his hand with distaste. "I'm going to break my hand." She deadpanned. "Nah, I just want to see your power." He curled his fingers in an 'come on' gesture. "I want you to hit my hand as hard as you can."