Chapter; The E.N.D

Note: 2020
Hey...how ya'll doin'?
So, it's been a minute. I am twenty, now. It's a bit mad, you know? It has been years since I began this and years since I posted last. I knew I had to finish this and thought why not now at 3 AM? Most of this was written like 3 years ago but I did spend some time rewriting and everything. About 3 hours worth. I hope everyone who has been asking about this and staying with this story until now enjoys this monster of an ending. Seriously, thank you for everything. Come talk to me in the comments when you're done.
^.^

~The E.N.D~

Song; Snow Fairy

Lucy blinked open her burning eyes.

There was no battlefield. No death or destruction. Only darkness in every direction. There was nothing underneath her feet yet she was walking, her steps echoing into the unknown. Her pastel pink dress trailing after her like wings from a magnificent bird.

Lucy came across a mirror so large that it started from the ceiling and ending at the floor. Behind the mirror, and reaching for her desperately, was Natsu in his Dragon form. Lucy rushed forward and slammed into the glass that was blocking her from him. She pounding on the glass with her fist, screaming his name with tears in her eyes, lips quivering.

So close.

The glass did not give.

Lucy slid down the glass with a broken sob. She leaned her shoulder up against the clear surface and looked to Natsu with watery eyes. The Dragon shook his horned head and offered her a smile in the hopes that she would return it. When she didn't, Natsu lifted his scaly hand, and pressed it to the glass beside her cheek. Lucy raised her own hand and placed it against the cool glass over his own.

She could almost feel the roughness of his palm against her own soft one.

Lucy's tears overflowed and rushed down her cheeks in rivers. She just wanted to touch him. To hold him and take care of him. But she could do none of those things. She was trapped on one side while he was on the other. Lucy couldn't even talk to him or hear his voice, his mouth moving, but he was completely muted.

They were both stuck on the wrong side.

CRACK!

CRACK!

Lucy screamed, jerking back when the mirror gave a shudder, and Natsu melted away with wide eyes that showed horror in them. Lucy cried out, banging her fist against the cracking glass, wanting him to come back to her- Her reflection suddenly showed.