Chapter 32; Carnivore

~Carnivore~

Song; Hurricane

~Thank you all for the votes and comments. They never fail to make me smile~

...Ba...dum...

She could not breath.

B...a-dum...

Colors flashed before her eyes in a confusing swirl.

B-a...dum...

Sounds were non existent to her muffled ears that could only faintly hear her own stuttering heartbeat.

...Ba...d...um...

She struggled to breath...to get some precious air passed the rivers of blood that coated her insides and mouth like a barricade.

B...a-...dum...

Her chest rose and fell in shallow, jerky movements, her intakes of air were raspy, and ghostly.

...ba...

The beats of her shattered heart were coming in further and further apart.

...dum...

She was dying... Lucy Heartfilia was dying.

The worst part was not even the fading away part. The worst part...was that Lucy could not bring herself to care that her heart was slowly stopping. Why should she care anyway that she was dying? There was nothing left here for her to make her want to stay. To fight to keep her soul.

I'd be so lonely...

There was no one left to miss her.
Everyone that she loved was gone.
Dead.
Just like she would be in a few moments. Lucy let her eyes slip closed. There was no longer a reason to keep them open. She did not want to see useless colors. She just wanted to see the darkness that would surely take her.

Death, she found, was not as scary as she previously thought. She was not warm nor was she cold. She was not frightened nor was she excited. Lucy was just; calm. Calm as she laid in a puddle of her own blood. Calm as her body convulsed harshly, trying to cling onto life, while her mind wanted to let go. Calm... Even as E.N.D knelt beside her and placed a taloned hand upon her pasty cheek.

"I'll stay, Luce." She heard him murmur to her. "I'll stay with you until you don't need me anymore."

Lucy's senses latched onto the touch and she exhaled roughly. His touch was pleasantly warm. His presence comforted her in a way. She imagined it was Natsu who was beside her. He who was touching her so softly. It was not a hard thing to imagine. How could it be when the face was the same of that of her Dragon?

It was twisted though, that her killer had the same face, voice, and touch as her love.

Lucy forced herself to push away her negative thoughts. She should just be glad that this nightmare she was living was about to be over. She should be happy that she was leaving this wicked place far behind. Lucy hoped that wherever she was going, her friends would be there to greet her.