Didn't mean to take it out on you

Nicole's pov:

Tonight Gustav came home in a really bad mood but instead of talking about it like he usually did he just started yelling at me about every little thing that was "wrong with me" and what I was doing wrong. But I didn't want to upset him by speaking up or crying so I just took it. My ex used to do this all the time so I was used to it. Once he was done he slammed the door to the room shut,making me jump.

Gustav's pov:

I locked myself in our room and cried. Today was awful, the audio wasn't working and we weren't able to get anything done which was stressful because we had a show coming up and with all our sound production we have we needed to make sure it worked. I was done with being angry and didn't even think about what I might've done to Nikki until I went into the kitchen to see her making dinner. I smiled softly and wrapped my arms around her. However,instead of her hair smelling like coconut,it smelled like coconut with a hint of tears. I ran my fingers through her hair softly only to feel it wet.
"Liebe..? Are you okay..?" She didn't say anything and just nodded.
"Are you feeling better..?" Her voice was wobbly and fast paced.
"Yeah I am.." I muttered. I took a step back from her,feeling embarrassed on how I acted earlier. She didn't look at me and only focused on dinner. Once we ate that's when I was able to see her face. Tears,tears stained her cheeks and eyes. We sat in silence. I couldn't just let my angel be upset anymore. I couldn't bear it. We finished eating and I decided to ask.
"Nothing..it's nothing.." she tried to leave but I pulled her softly on the couch.
"You're not leaving till you tell me what happened." I saw her eyes fill again but no tears fell.
"It was just you pointing out my flaws but it's okay because I'm used to it.." she tried to get up but I grabbed her again in desperation.
"I'm so sorry baby..i can't believe you let me do that. Why didn't you snap back..?" She didn't bother to look at me.
"Comments,my family and mark.they always have something to say I'm used to it" it shattered me when Mark's name popped up. Mark was her ex boyfriend that was extremely abusive and would insult her everyday,tearing her down until she was merely a shell of a person. I couldn't believe I reminded her of him. I wanted to treat her better than he ever could. I held her tightly and wiped any tears away. I asked her what I had insulted and when she told me I kissed a part of her body. In the end I kissed softly on the lips. She smiled softly and kissed back. I hugged her and rubbed circles into her back.
"I'm really sorry baby..I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you." I muttered.
"It's alright.." she mumbled. I kissed her head and took her into the room and placed her head on my chest. She smiled and held onto me. As we laid there cuddling I promised myself I would make it up to her.