"i'll be Better"

Nicole's pov:

Dating the Gustav Schäfer seemed like a fairy tale come true however in reality it seemed as if we were just roommates that fucked on occasion and it hurt. I felt as if I weren't enough for him or for anyone. He never wanted to cuddle,never wanted to go on dates and wouldn't even comfort me when sad nor would he tell me he loved me. I got used to it though since this was just the norm for me in every relationship. I was doing work in my room,stressed out of my mind when I got a call from my boss yelling at me for not doing the files right and making a few mistakes. I apologized over and over again and tried to explain how my grandmother was in the hospital and I had tried my best but she wouldn't listen.
"I just want to be good enough.." I sobbed before she ended the call. I dropped the phone next to me and sobbed into my knees. Why couldn't I just be good enough..

Gustav's pov:

I came home from work when I heard crying in me and Nicole's room. Confused, I peeked in and saw her crying into her knees.
"Why can't I be good enough.." she sobbed silently. My heart snapped in half and I realized how distant and cold I was. I wasn't treating Nicole like a girlfriend I was treating her like a fuck Buddy..a roommate. I grabbed my keys and called her friend to ask what some of her favorite stuff was. I wasn't even considerate enough to know my own girlfriend's favorite stuff..when i got the stuff I cracked the door open and saw her sniffling and typing on her computer while muttering to herself. I put the basket on the desk and sat next to her,wrapping my arms around her.
"I'm sorry not tonight..I have to redo these songs and write 2 other ones before the album is released.." she sniffled before typing again. It broke my heart that her mind went to me wanting sex and not wanting to comfort her.
"No no..I just want to make you feel better and to actually act like a boyfriend..I'm sorry for making you feel as if you weren't enough..you are enough for me..I love you.." she started sobbing again and buried her face into my shoulder and hugged me.

Nicole's pov:

Hearing those words made me sob and burry my head into Gustav's shoulder. He lifted me up and placed me on his lap and rested my head on his chest.
"Shh it's okay I got you..." he mumbled into my hair,running his fingers through it softly. When I had calmed down he showed me a basket with some of my favorite things and apologized again for being so cold. I smiled and kissed his cheek.
"Thank you.." he nodded and kissed my forehead.
"No..thank you for giving me another chance" I smiled and we went to bed with all our stress melting away.