Left behind

Nicole's pov:

Me and my boyfriend Gustav were out for my birthday when he noticed one of his friend's wife. He excused himself to say hi so I waited for him to come back,feeling uncomfortable with being around a swarm of people. Especially those I didn't know. However he would be back right..? As I stared at them from across the room I felt more and more jealous and hurt. I decided to make the most of my birthday and order a few drinks. Just to help the anxiety stinging my chest. Soon I noticed someone sat next to me so I assumed it was Gustav until I saw a man with black hair and blue eyes sitting next to me. I immediately felt uncomfortable.
"Uhm...can I help you..?" I asked,my heart racing.
"Yeah,I actually saw you walk in and thought you were really cute and just wanted to ask for your number" he smirked,brushing some hair out of my face. I felt disgusted and moved my head.
"Thanks..but I actually have a boyfriend..he's right there.." I pointed to Gustav who was now glaring at us. I know he is not mad at me right now. I heard the guy laugh. But it was one of those cocky fake laughs.
"That's your guy..talking to another girl? Come on darling I can treat you better.." something inside me snapped.
"No one can treat me better than my boyfriend. You don't know anything. You don't even know my name and you're thinking you can treat me better? Bullshit." I huffed before storming away and out the club door. I pulled out a cigarette and started to smoke it. I didn't smoke but I just needed something to clear my mind without going back to get some drinks. I heard the door open and saw Gustav. I didn't acknowledge him since I was still upset that he just ignored how upset I was when that guy approached me and left me on my own birthday. I guess he noticed the tears in my eyes because his face softened to almost a look of regret and guilt.
"I..I'm sorry baby..I didn't mean to leave you for that long and I'm so sorry I let that guy approach you..I should've protected you but I didn't.." he hugged me tightly and swung me side to side a bit. I sniffled and started to cry. I leaned into him as he ran his fingers through my hair.
"I was so scared.." I hiccuped.
"I know angel..I'm sorry..how about we go home hm?" I nodded and he lead me to the car. He placed a hand on my thigh,in an attempt to soothe me. When we got home I was about to walk up the stairs but Gustav lifted me off my feet and carried me bridal style up the stairs. I giggled and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. He put me on the bed and helped me into comfy clothes before cuddling next to me. He nuzzled his face into my stomach and wrapped his arms around me.
"You're still upset..I'll do anything to make it up to you.." he mumbled into my stomach.
"It's okay..you're here now and I'm okay.." I smiled softly.
"You're so perfect..I love you and I'm sorry.." I played with his hair until we both fell asleep. The next day I woke up to roses and my favorite snacks and drinks on the bedside table. I felt Gustav hug me from behind and place kisses on my neck and shoulder.
"Thank you baby.." I kissed his head and felt him pull me into his lap.
"No,thank you for standing up for me yesterday..you deserve the world.." he smiled into my neck. I giggled and kissed him before we cuddled and watched movies.