Overworked

Gustavs pov:

My girlfriend was sitting at her laptop clearly stressed and upset but every time I would try to get her to take a break she would brush me off with a reminder of her tight deadline. And for a while I let her work until I heard her on the phone with her boss,berating her and belittling her and all her hard work. She soon got off the phone and put her head down and started to cry softly. I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. She cried on my shoulder for a little bit and I felt hatred and anger towards her boss. My girlfriend put her heart and soul into projects only to be told it "wasn't good enough". She had lost days of sleep only to be shunned. I knew enough was enough and carried her to bed.
"Why isn't it good enough..." she hiccuped,burying her face into my chest. I shushed her softly and stroked her back. She soon fell asleep while I soothed her. As I was about to fall asleep I heard her phone ding. I didn't want to snoop but I couldn't help but be curious. I looked at the message.

To my staff,work will be canceled due to a pipe leak. I will let you know when it's safe to come back.

I smiled and saw another message pop up.from Nicole's boss.

Nicole,I'm sorry for how I spoke to you. It was wrong to take the frustrations from my own life onto you. I hope you can forgive me and I wish you a good night.

I smiled and put her phone down and fell asleep.

Nicole's pov:

I woke up and rubbed my puffy eyes to try and soothe the burning sensation from crying yesterday and went to get ready for work when Gustav pulled me down and held my waist. I giggled and tried to get up again.
"You don't have work till further notice..check your phone.." he mumbled into my upper back. I saw the both messages from my boss and smiled. I felt as if a weight was lifted from my shoulder and went back to cuddling with Gustav.