2 | Mishap

Ashtyn

I'm so glad today is Friday, I don't have to deal with that hot, british douchebag for two days. I told Ashlyn everything that happened and I think she wanted to be in love for me.

Ashlyn is not my twin sister, she's 24. Our parents just named us like that for some reason, but they're dead so I don't know why.

I looked up at my ceiling, only the dim light from the night light in the corner was shining. It was almost one in the morning and I couldn't stop thinking about him.

His eyes were piercing and his lips were full. His hands when they wrapped around my wrists felt like a giant.

I rolled over onto my side, pulling his hoodie to my nose, smelling the faint cologne still on there. The smell smelt very expensive, like nothing I'll ever be able to even see.

But I do keep seeing him every time I close my eyes and I'm tired of it. I just want to go to sleep, I want to dream a regular dream and not worry about him.

"Ashtyn, wake up." Ashlyn shook me. "Ugh." I groaned. 

"You're going to be late for work." She said, I peeked my eye opened and saw it was 9:30 and I have to be there at 10.

"Fuck." I mumbled and sat up. "I'm leaving, be safe." 

"Okay, you too." She left my room and I put my work clothes on and left. I work at a fancy restaurant downtown and I have opening duty on the weekends.

I fucking hate it, but I think it's fun seeing all the different people and the regulars. Driving there didn't feel super long, but I had to rush inside and clock in.

9:58.

Perfect timing. Love you big sis.

"Natalie, your table wants you." I told her. "I fucking hate them." She muttered underneath her breath and walked away. Only me, Natalie, and one other girl works this afternoon, so we're only taking reservations.

Right now we're waiting on a party of 7. They have until 7 to get here or their table gets taken. I'm glad I only work open to close one day and actually get paid good.

What else do I have to do with my life? Absolutely not shit so why not just work? This party of 6 better leave a good tip too or I'll be upset.

"I'm so glad they're about to leave. They wanted to get mad at me for their food being wrong when it was exactly what they ordered. The wanted it how it comes "but I didn't know it came with onions" okay then read the menu or ask bitch. Jesus christ." She was ranting, not loud.

One of these days she's going to be too loud and get reported to our manager and get fired.

"Now I have to make a birthday dessert." She walked away. I went back and checked in on my customers and just as I got done, a man and woman with five kids, two teens, and three under 6,  walked into the door.

"Hi, welcome to Webb's." I smiled. "We have a reservation under Archer." The woman said, light accent. I looked at the computer and checked them in then grabbed two adult menus and all the kids one.

"Right this way." I headed towards their table. "My name is Ashtyn and I'll be your server for today," I set all the menus down. "Do we know what we're drinking tonight?"

"All the kids will have a Sprite. I want water." The woman said. "I'll take water as well." I wrote everything on my notepad. 

"Would you like a lemon with those waters?" "No." They both shook their head.

Ha, imagine if this was that one boys family. That would be crazy.

"Okay, I'll be right back with those drinks." I walked away and to the back, getting all the kids sprite's first and then the bigger drinks. "I'm about to quit." Natalie walked behind me.

"What now?" "Nothing, I just hate it here." 

"Fair." I picked up the tray and took it back to their table. I placed down the drinks and asked "Would you like any appetizers?" 

"No, but we're ready to order."

"Okay, you can start first ma'am." I got my notepad back out. We went through a long list of kids chicken tenders and three salads. "Is there anyway we could add an extra chair? I miss counted and we have one more person coming."

She sounds so sweet.

"Yeah of course." I grabbed one of the empty chairs and put it at the end of the table. "Thank you, darlin." She smiled. I told them I'll go put their food order in and be back in a few, so that's what I did.

I also checked on my two other tables, filled their needs, then saw the new head at the Archer table. I walked over there. "Hi, what would you like to-" I stopped, realizing who I was talking to.

"Oh hey Ashtyn, I didn't know you worked here." He put a smile on his face once he looked up and saw me. "What would you like to drink?" I tried to remain calm, but my heart was pounding.

Why did I have to stay that stupid shit about this being his family?

"Water." "Okay." I walked away. 

"Natalie." I said, very sternly. "What?" 

"You have to take my new table. You have to. It's the boy from school." "The fine british one?" She smiled, intrigued.

"Yes." "Okay bet." "I can give you some extra cash. You're a lifesaver." 

"No, it's okay, you don't have to pay me." "Yes I do." "No, you need it more than me. Plus you're a lot nicer than I am." She filled a cup up.

"Whatever you say...I already put in their food order except for his, he just got here. You'll know who he is when you see him." I started to make his cup of water. 

"I'm excited." "I'm glad." I handed her the cup.

I tied my apron back around my waist then looked in the mirror. Two more hours, you got this. Reservations are over in an hour, so it should be easy after that. I turned to go out the door, but it opened, almost hitting me.

"Oh sorry." "God not you again." I groaned, seeing his handsome face. 

"I'm really that bad?" He grabbed some paper towels. I looked at him, realizing his blue outfit is nearly soaked.

 I looked at him, realizing his blue outfit is nearly soaked

"What happened to you?" I stayed looking at him. "Your little replacement spilt water all over me." He threw the paper towel away then washed his hands.

"That's Natalie for you." I tried not to laugh. He took a deep breath, for some reason I stopped smiling and got scared.  "Why don't you like me, Ashtyn?" He turned his whole body my way. 

"What?" "I was being nice to you, let you keep my clothes, and all you've done is be mean to me. You don't even know who I am and you...you just wouldn't keep your mouth shut. Maybe now I see why Mason dumps milk all over you at least once a week."

Before I could defend myself, he hurried out of the door, upset. I didn't realize I was being that  mean. I just really don't want to end up liking him, maybe that was why I was so mean. There's no way he could be gay.

I guess he does deserve an apology.

He's right, he's been nothing but nice and I've been a bitch. I promise that's not why I get bullied. 

I will apologize on Monday, I swear.