10 | Talk

Ezra

As I got out of the shower after 15 minutes, I texted Abby and told her to meet me out back in ten minutes. I love talking to my sister then we get the chance to, it brings me back to my senses.

I took my medicine earlier, that's why I fell asleep again. I take two different ones, but I'm not supposed to take them at the same time because they put me to sleep.

I went to my closet and put on a long sleeve shirt as well as a hoodie, it's cold outside. Then My thickest sweatpants and my tennis shoes, obviously with socks you bozo. I felt my phone vibrate, it was just her telling me 'okay'.

When I walked out back into the bedroom, Ashtyn was looking at the tv, watching another Avengers movie...I think at least, I don't have my contacts in. I should probably put them back in, so I went back to the bathroom and did that.

"You good?" He asked me. "Yeah, are you?" 

"I am. Your bed is really comfortable." He paused his movie. "Thank you." I smiled, not only about the bed, but he paused his movie just to talk to me.

"I'm about to go talk with Abby now, you can shut the curtains back if you want to, the windows are tinted so no one can see inside." I opened the curtains. It was dark outside now, just a little past 7.

"Oh that's cool." "Yeah. I should be back within 30 minutes maybe." "Okay, don't rush." He turned the movie back on. I left, shutting the tall glass doors behind then headed towards our designated talking spot down by the lake.

I sat on the bench and crossed my legs. It was more than a bit chilly outside, I'm glad I wore thicker clothing. I'm sure Abby will bring a blanket with her, she loves her blankets.

"Ah, you beat me here." I heard walking up behind me. "I did." I looked at her as she sat down with a blanket. I love my sister, she's beautiful, just like our mother. Her hair is long and blonde and she has green eyes.

She's our mother's spitting image, but with the personality of our father.

But for me, I'm my father's spitting imagine with my mother's messed up head.

"What's up?" She said, crossing her legs, pulling her blanket tighter around her. "A lot. I don't even know where to start." 

"So I know you've told me about that boy last week. He was kind of rude to you?"

"Oh, I guess I can start with Monday." "Okay, starting Monday." I could see her looking at me. I kept looking at the water, though.

"So Monday he, Ashtyn, came to me down in the locker room and apologized for everything he said to me not only that Friday at school, but also Saturday night at the restaurant. So everyday this week, we just hung out in the locker room and I listened to him talk about his dad and sister and how he grew up and stuff."

"Oh that's awesome, E." I could hear her smile. "Yeah, I guess, but there's a problem." I looked at her. 

"What?" She kind of looked scared.

"He's sitting in my bedroom right now as we speak." "I knew something was up. I knew you'd never skip school just because you didn't feel well." She sounded happy.