54 | Deliberation

Ezra

Ashlyn was ready to leave not even 5 minutes after everything, so her, Ethan and all his friends left. 

"I'm probably going to go to bed." Abby told us, standing up. She spending the night, I don't want her out driving this late. "Okay." 

"The sheets aren't on the bed," Ethan stood up. "I'll help you." They both went upstairs.

 I took a deep breath and looked over at the remaining three who were looking back at me. 

"Your boyfriend is cool." Matteo told me. "Yeah, he is." I rose to me feet. I'm not really used to someone being around my height, but me and Evan can see eye to eye. 

He's never really been tall.

"If you don't have any plans later, then we can make some. We're here for the rest of this week." Luca said. "Okay. I'll text you, but it'll probably be on Wednesday. We still have a lot to do here." 

"Alright, that's fine. If you need help with anything just let us know." Matteo nodded his head in agreement. "I will." 

"Okay, well goodnight, we should probably go, too." 

"Goodnight." I walked them to the door. I don't guess Evan came in his own car considering he doesn't even have a licenses. 

"I'll take Evan back." I told them as the walked out. "Okay. Do you remember the address?" Matteo asked him, but he shook his head no. "I'll send it to you." 

"Okay thanks." I shut the door then looked at Evan. It's too cold to talk outside, so we probably just go to one of the empty bedrooms. 

"Follow me." I told him then walked up the stairs. I took him the the bedroom across the hall from where Abby is. I opened the door letting him go in first. 

"Hold on." I said. 

I walked into Abby's bedroom, the door was open, and saw her and Ashtyn making the bed still. "I'm going to talk to Evan." I told them, but mainly Ashtyn. 

"Okay." He smiled. "Goodnight, Abby." "Goodnight." She said then I walked back over to Evan, shutting and locking the door behind me. 

"I thought I looked like dad." I told him, sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall. "I'm really sorry about that." He sat across from me, leaning on the other wall. 

I just shrugged my shoulders. 

"Ezra, I know this is kind of awkward, but I want to know who you are again. I took everything for granted and I really don't want to do that again. It's a terrible feeling, I want to start over. You don't have to look at me as your brother, but at least just a friend." 

"I want to hear everything from you first." I looked down at my hands. "I want to know why you did everything." I continued to say. 

"Okay, I'll tell you. The drugs weren't mine, I didn't even know I had them. I didn't do all of it alone, I didn't want to do it in general. There was two people other than me, it was Liam and James, they made me carry the backpack since I was the runt and was easily tossed around. 

They made me do everything first, so when that alarm went off they ran but I couldn't keep up and I was almost caught, but luckily I wasn't too far from home. When I got there, Victoria was packing all of her stuff and trying to leave. When she realized I had been running from the cops, she tried to call them but... but I attacked her." He stated.

I looked up at him for a second, then back down. 

"I never intended to kill her, I just didn't want her calling the police. She was fighting back so I just hit her with the backpack and she was unconscious. I saw blood spilling from her head and when she wouldn't wake back up, I felt-I felt so terrible. I can't even describe it, but I felt so bad that I turned myself in.