60 | Wedding

Ezra

*NO COVID*

Today is May 23rd, 8pm, in the year 2020. It's almost been one year since my brain surgery. I finished my chemotherapy several months ago, so my hair is back and I feel happy.

I'm feeling like me again.

Everyone is here.

Everyone as in Ashlyn, Ethan, Abby, Luca, Matteo, Evan, and little Amelia...obviously Ashtyn too.

We have technically been married for four months since we just signed the papers at the courthouse, but this it our pijama wedding.

Ethan was standing beside me behind one of our tall chairs. We had a few decorations, a little bit of food and cake. It's perfect to me.

I could hear Ashtyn coming down the stairs and I smiled once he rounded the corner in his matching red plaid pajamas (I have blue ones on). 

He walked down our homemade aisle which was just all of our kitchen chairs and a couple extra from outside.

He stood in front of me with the biggest smile on his face. Ethan has not got a clue of what he's supposed to say, so everyone laughed when he said "Amelia come here."

She walked down the aisle, not tossing out the fake flowers, but that's okay, less of a mess that we have to clean. 

She ran to her dad and he picked her up, taking our rings from her basket and handing them to us.

"I did my homework last night." Ethan said, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket. He looked down at it then looked at me. 

"Copy what I say." "Okay."

"With this ring I, Ezra, take you, Ashtyn." He stopped. "With this ring I, Ezra, take you, Ashtyn." I looked at Ashtyn.

I've never seen him look at me with this much love and admiration and I thought that was never possible.

"To be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you." I repeated his words, listening to everything he said carefully.

"Through all our years, and in all that life may bring us." Was the last thing he said and I got to put the ring on his finger.

He went over the exact same thing with Ashtyn and I hope I was looking at him like he was looking at me.

Words can't describe how much I adore him.

"This is the part where you say I Do." Ethan whispered. "Okay." I whispered back.

"Do you Ezra take Ashtyn to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?" He asked.

I saw Ashtyn's expression change a little bit when he mentioned sickness.

"I do."

"Do you Ashtyn take Ezra to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?" He asked Ashtyn.

"I do." He smiled.

"Well, you may kiss each other now?" He wasn't very sure. I smiled before grabbed Ashtyn and kissing him. It wasn't a long kiss, just a peck. That's what he wanted.

Everyone clapped and I looked at them.

"Let me carry you out." I whispered in his ear. "Okay." He laughed.

I squatted down a little bit and picked him up like a baby and walked down the aisle, laughing on the way down.

"That was so fun." Ethan said as I put Ashtyn down. 

"You did great." I told him. "Well thank you."

I saw Evan stand up and come over to us. He's doing really well for himself, I'm proud of him. I think it was funny how everyone was in their pajamas. It was like we're having a big sleepover.

"I always knew you were going to be the first one out of all of us to get married." He smiled. "I didn't." I told him.

"I'm happy for you both." "Thank you." Me and Ashtyn said at the sametime.

The rest of the night we all told stories of random memories we got of each other until it hit 10 and people started to go home. Matteo and Luca are the remaining ones.

Ashtyn has already went upstairs, so it's just the three of us like it used to be.

"Please come visit soon." Luca hugged me. "I'm planning on it over the summer. I'm going back home and to France." I let go of Luca then hugged Matteo.

"What about my place?" "We'll go there too, don't worry. I'll hopefully see you again before I..." I stopped. They just looked at me, really sad.

"Come on guys, don't make those faces." I tried to lighten the mood, but it didn't help.

"We've been talking about moving down here for a couple years." Luca looked at Matteo then at me.

"Why?" "Ezra, I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing you're in a different country dying."

"I still have a couple years." "But that's not for certain. I want to be here. I don't have to see you every day or even every week, I just want to see you more. I've missed you and I want to make up all of those months we didn't get when you moved here."

I took a deep breath then looked at Matteo to see what he was going to say. I didn't grow up with Matteo like I did Luca, but we're just as close. We've been friends for almost 15 years now.

"I agree with him. If something were to happen to you and I couldn't make it here on time, I don't know what I would do." He didn't look me in my eyes, he just looked down.

I knew this was a hard pill to swallow, but I didn't think it would be this hard.

"Okay. Just tell me where." "It's actually just down the street." Luca was smiling now. I tilted my head, trying not to smile. I should have known he would do something like that.

"You really got a house down the street just incase I die?" "Yes." "Your grandma is staying, too." Matteo whispered like I wasn't supposed to know.

"Really?" I looked at Luca, not amused. "She deserves it. I'll make sure she doesn't come over every single day, but you owe her a lot of time." "I know I know."

He looked at his watch. "We should probably get going." "Okay." I walked them to the front door.

"I love you man." He pulled me into one more hug. "I love you too." He let go of me. 

Matteo hugged me too and I felt him take a deep breath before he let go of me. I watched them out to the car and watched as they drove off.

I shut and locked the door then headed to the bedroom. Ashtyn was laying shirtless, watching some disney movie. I laid beside him and laid on his chest.

I'm trying my best to forget about death.

But until then, I'm enjoying these moments.