12 | Midnight

Ashtyn

It's getting late.

He sitting in one of his chairs watching the rest of the Avengers. Supposedly he's never seen a single movie all the way through, but he got really interested in it about half an hour ago. 

I've just been watching him, sitting still with both his legs and arms crossed, barely ever moving. I think something is bothering him even more now after their talk. We haven't shared many words and he doesn't move as much.

I never really notice how much he moved until now that he's completely still. Maybe he has ADHD and took his medicine. I don't know, but I miss his voice.

No.

You don't miss nothing about him. 

I took a deep breath, feeling bad for taking his bed away from him. I got comfortable though because I know it'll be a pointless argument to start. I should start it just to hear his voice, but he's enjoying something else. 

I texted Ashlyn that I was probably going to fall asleep soon and I'll text her when I wake up. My phone was on 1, so I won't get to text her in the morning unless I ask for a charger, which I'm not doing. 

I put my phone on the nightstand and looked up at the ceiling, the stars still displayed. They moved ever so slightly, but it was just enough to put me to sleep.

Ezra

"Hey, I think we should talk." I finally built the courage up to say after the past three hours. 

I made him think I was into his movie, but really I haven't heard a single word. When I didn't hear nothing from him, though, I looked back.

He was asleep on my side of the bed. He's such a cutie. I'm glad he liked the star projector, I only got it because he said he liked them. 

I wanted to see what the big deal was, and I will say that it is very pretty and relaxing.

I was going to give it to him, but I need to relax sometimes. 

I took a deep breath, kind of happy that we're not talking tonight. I stood up and went to the closet to change into night clothes. This consisted of blue plaid pants and a black shirt, nothing too special.

I don't normally sleep with a shirt on, but I will since he's here. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, but I'm doing it for me...mainly me. 

I told him that I'd sleep on the couch, but he's right, I'm too tall for it. My bed is big enough that we won't touch, I don't really move in my sleep so if we do touch then it's not my fault. I turned the tv off, but left on the projector.

I noticed his phone on the nightstand. I plugged it up since it wouldn't turn on, mine will be okay.

I got into the bed, trying my best to not move it as much as I normally would. I was successful, thank God. Winter jumped up here and laid at the foot of the bed. He had beds around my room and small spaces, because that's what he likes when I'm gone.

When I'm here, though, he rather sleeps at my feet or on my chest. 

            I felt my eyes finally starting to drift shut after an hour of trying to sleep until I felt an arm over my chest. It scared me, but when I opened my eyes and saw Ashtyn facing me and his arm out, I smiled.

I'm glad I wasn't the one to do it, but since he did, I'll take advantage of it. That sounds wrong. I'm not taking advantage of him sleeping, but I-Whatever, I'm not doing anything bad. 

The only thing I did was move a little closer to him so he could hold onto me first. It took about two minutes before he wrapped his arm around me and pulled himself closer, laying his head on my chest.

I'm glad he isn't awake because he'd be able to hear my heart beating ten times faster than it was before. I took one more deep breath then closed my eyes, finally feeling able to sleep.

So that's what I did,

I feel asleep with Ashtyn in my arms and I've never felt better.