64 | In the End

Ashtyn

I never was able to tackle the note. I tried but I was crying too hard to even breathe, so I gave up and just sat on the bedroom floor.

I've been in here for two days just staring at his handwriting on the front and I think I'm finally going to read it.

I picked up the sheet of paper and opened it. 

      "Dear, my love. 

        I'm terribly sorry that I had to leave so soon. I wish I could have stayed longer and kept you happy for the rest of your life. I want you to know how much I truly loved you, so I left you with the most valuable things I own. The cars are paid off and so is the house. You can do whatever with them, but I know you'll probably keep everything. 

      I don't want you to give up on life, in fact I want you to move on. I know that's hard to do, but I want you to be happy again. I know you'll probably never find someone like me since they're all douchebags and assholes, but please try. 

      I love you with all my heart and if I'm able, I will be back to 'haunt' you so don't be scared, it's just me. I'm extremely happy that I got to spend the rest of my life with you, Ashtyn, you are my perfect person and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. 

      You are incredible. The past almost 8 years was so meaningful, I'm glad we got to spend it together. But for now, I'll see you later. 

      Words cannot describe how much I love you, but I love you and I will love you for the rest of eternity. 

Sincerely, yours"

I was crying and smiling at the sametime, not sure what to do. I went back to the bedroom and laid on the bed.

This is going to be a very long healing process, but I'm willing to still listen to him even though he's gone. 

I love you, Ezra.

And I am yours.