8 | Dinner

Ezra

I walked out to the dining room, almost all of the rowdy kids there. I sat down in my normal chair and there was a bowl of soup while everyone else had chicken, smashed potatoes, and green beans.

I was disappointed, but I can just eat that later.

"Pourquoi tu ressembles à ça?" (why do you look like that?) Aaron, 12, asked me. I just ignored him and started eating, drinking? My soup.

"Where's mom?" I asked Adam, the 14 year old. "I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders.

Let me tell you everyone in order. Abby (Abilene) 16, Adam 14, Aaron 12, Aurora 8, Adrien 6,  Andrew 4, and Azriel who is 2. The little baby is Eliza.

As you can see, they love A names, but my name starts with an E. My older brothers name is Evan, so it's just me and him. His kids is Eliza, so maybe he named her that just to spite my mom.

I want to say they all start with an A because my father's name was Alexander, but I highly doubt it.

He's been dead for almost 7 years now and I'm still not over everything. Only a year after his death, she gets pregnant with Andrew by Grayson.

I don't want to believe what I think happened, but there's no other explanation.

I took a deep breath and continued to eat my soup. "Grayson said you're grounded." Abby randomly said, putting her phone down. "What?" I looked at her, confused.

"I heard him talking to mom and they agreed to ground you for skipping school." She twirled her fork around in her green beans, not looking at me. Me and Abby have a pretty good bond since we're only two years apart.

We went through the same things when we were younger, but now I've been through more since Grayson hates me. They, him and my mom, basically just gang up on me. I tried to move out, but that didn't go so good.

"Oh...Can I talk to you later?" "Yeah, just text me and tell me when." She stood up with her plate, almost completely full.

"Okay." I ate the last bit of my soup and got up, taking it to the kitchen. I saw the extra chicken on the stove, so I grabbed a plastic bowl that Grayson takes to lunch.

It had different sections, so I put everything in it and put the top on. I put it under my shirt, hiding it.

"What are you doing?" I heard Adrien behind me. "I was just looking at the green beans." I made up a fast lie and looked at him.

"Can you play with me?" "I'm sorry, buddy, I can't today. I haven't been feeling well, I don't want you to get sick." "Oh, okay." He looked sad.

"I'll try to tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." He smiled just a little bit then walked away. I quickly grabbed a fork and went to my room. The door was locked.

I didn't really think about that.

"It's me. Let me in." I whispered yelled, knocking on the door. The door cracked opened and I went in. "You scared me." He said, hiding behind the door. I shut and locked it back.

"Sorry...I hope you like chicken." I pulled the container out from under my shirt and he laughed. I looked at him. "I do." He grabbed it from me as well as the fork.

"Do I have to eat somewhere specific?" He asked as he walked away. "No. You can eat on my bed, just try not to spill any."

"I'll sit here." He went and sat in the chair and put the side table in front of him.