Chapter 7- Final

Time skip- A few weeks later:

It's been three weeks since I left hospital and I've been getting a lot better to say the least. Everyone including Leah has seen an improvement in me. I have started getting back into the regular training sessions with the girls too. I haven't played a match though since 3 weeks ago but I knew that if I had any chance of making it into the team, I had to work on improving on and off the pitch.

I was in the middle of training when Beth came up to me and said that Jonas wanted to see me in his office. As I made my way to his office, my stomach churned with nerves. I couldn't shake the feeling of dread that had settled over me like a heavy weight. Jonas knew about what had happened with the counsellor and the hospital, and the fact that I had snapped at him not too long ago.

I braced myself for the worst as I stepped into his office but as I met his gaze, I saw something unexpected in his eyes, pride. He smiled at me, his expression encouraging, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Eva, I have something important to discuss with you," Jonas began, his tone serious but tinged with excitement.

I held my breath, waiting for the inevitable blow to fall. But what came next took me completely by surprise.

"I want to offer you a spot in the team sheet for the Champions League Final tomorrow. I've seen you're improvement both on and off the pitch and I have been very impressed by the way you have shown us all what you are capable of," Jonas announced, his words ringing in my ears like a symphony of joy and disbelief.

I couldn't believe it. This was the opportunity of a lifetime, a chance to showcase my skills on the biggest stage of all. My heart swelled with pride and excitement, and before I knew it, I was jumping up in joy, unable to contain my excitement any longer.

"yes, yes, yes!" I exclaimed, my voice filled with pure exhilaration as I accepted Jonas's offer without hesitation.

In that moment, all of my fears and doubts melted away, replaced by a newfound sense of purpose and determination. I was ready to give it my all, to leave everything out on the pitch tomorrow night and seize the moment with both hands.

As I left Jonas's office, a wave of gratitude washed over me, mingled with a fierce determination to make the most of this incredible opportunity. The Women's Champions League Final awaited, and I was more than ready to rise to the challange.

Skip to the game:
As I sat on the bench, watching the intensity of the final match against Barcelona unfold before me, I couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation tinged with disappointment. Being benched wasn't what I had hoped for, but I knew that just being on the team sheet was an achievement in itself.

As the first half ended with the score still tied at 0-0, I tried to stay focused and ready for whatever might come next. But it wasn't until the second half began that Jonas called my name, asking me to warm up.

My heart skipped a beat as I rose from the bench, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I knew that this was my chance to make a difference, to prove myself on the biggest stage of all.

But just as I began to warm up, Barcelona seized their opportunity and scored, sending a wave of disappointment crashing over me. I wanted to be out there, fighting alongside my teammates, not sitting on the sidelines watching helplessly.

Then, just as quickly as the goal was scored, Jonas called my name again, telling me to get ready to go in. It was the 78th minute, and as I changed into my kit and stood on the sideline, I felt a surge of determination wash over me.

I looked up at the board displaying my number, tapping my chest, then my boots, then my forehead, a silent ritual to prepare myself for the battle ahead. And as I put my fingers up in the air and whispered a quiet prayer, I felt a sense of calm settle over me.

"Go shine out there kiddo," Viv said, offering me a reassuring smile as I stepped onto the field to replace her.

With each step I took, I could feel the energy of the crowd pulsing around me, driving me forward. This was my moment, my chance to make a difference, and I was determined to seize it with everything I had.

Leah's pov:
As I watched from the sidelines, my heart pounded with anticipation as Eva stepped onto the field to replace Viv. I could see the determination in her eyes, the fire burning bright as she prepared to make her mark on the game.

As the match resumed, Eva wasted no time in showing her skill and determination, putting her all into every moment on the field. It was clear that she was determined to make a difference, to prove herself on the grandest stage of all.

Then, in the 80th minute, I saw my chance. I got the ball and saw Eva sprinting into space, her voice ringing out clear and strong as she called for the ball.

"LEAH HERE!" she shouted, her words echoing across the field as I launched the ball towards her.

Eva expertly controlled the ball, her feet moving with lightning speed as she raced towards the goal. With the Barcelona defenders closing in, she kept her cool, her focus unwavering as she faced off against the goalkeeper.

And then, in a moment of pure brilliance, Eva chipped the ball over the goalkeeper's head, the ball soaring into the back of the net to make it equal with just 10 minutes to go.

The stadium erupted in cheers as Eva knee slid towards the corner flag, her face lit up with pure joy and exhilaration. We all rushed towards her, a tidal wave of celebration crashing over us as we piled on top of her in a euphoric frenzy of excitement.

Viv's pov:

As the game approached its final moments, tension hung thick in the air, palpable even from the bench where I sat alongside my teammates. All eyes were fixed on Eva as she charged towards the goal, her determination evident in every stride.

But then, in an instant, everything changed. As Eva prepared to shoot, Lucy Bronze, the opposing defender, delivered a devastating blow, sending Eva crashing to the ground with a scream of pain. My heart lurched in my chest as I watched helplessly from the sidelines, the collective gasp of the crowd echoing in my ears.

Instantly, players from both teams rushed to Eva's side, their expressions a mixture of concern and alarm. I could see Jonas's worried look mirrored in my own, his brow furrowed with concern as he watched the scene unfold.

The medics arrived swiftly, their urgency evident as they surrounded Eva, their movements swift and precise. But despite their efforts, Eva remained motionless, her form sprawled out on the turf, unconscious and unresponsive.

A heavy silence descended over the stadium as the medics worked to assess Eva's condition, their efforts hidden from view by the wall of bodies surrounding her. My heart pounded in my chest as I prayed for her safety, my mind racing with fear and uncertainty.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Eva was carefully stretchered off the field, her limp form a stark reminder of the fragility of life. As the medics carried her past Jonas, myself, and the rest of the team, a wave of fear washed over us, our hearts heavy with worry for our fallen teammate.

As Eva disappeared from view, carried into the depths of the medical room, the weight of the moment hung heavy in the air. We were left to grapple with our fears and anxieties, uncertain of what the future held for our beloved teammate.

General pov:
As the final whistle blew, Arsenal managed to get a penalty from the brutal challenge from Lucy Bronze and they scored it to win them the game. But that was the least of their concerns at the minute as they lifted the trophy, the team were still worried about Eva as they got the trophy lift quickly finished and went to check on Eva.