Chapter 26

The lesson ended and all of the students hurried quickly out of the room to pack up their things and get ready for the feast. The twins stayed behind as Milo and Lupin waited for Melanie to arrive. Fred and George moved the desks to the corners of the room while Professor Lupin created a sort of barrier line on the floor. Melanie came in a couple minutes late dressed in black trousers and a black skintight top. She came up to the group and apologised for being late.

"So you had to go up to your room anyway?" George asked quietly so only she could hear him.

"Yeah I just wanted Fred to spend some time with Milo.. alone. You know so that they could get to know each other a little."

"Why do you think I agreed to bringing him down in the first place." George sent a cheeky smile at the blonde.

"So did It work?"

"Well. I think Fred feels better knowing that Milo is gay."

"Haha of course.-"

"Alright misters Weasley thank you for your help but we should really get started now."

Fred and George obediently started walking towards the door.

"Wait, maybe they could stay and watch." Milo suggested.

"Are you sure?" Lupin faced Melanie.

"Professor it's okay. They know."

"Very well.  Alright Melanie, may I please have your wand and could you step over the line into the middle of the classroom."

Melanie did as he asked. The twins walked back over and stood next to Professor Lupin.

"Wonderful. Now this is a barrier line. When I close it nothing and no one will be able to get in or out until I disarm it. Keeping us all safe. Now I don't need to explain to you how to spar. You will have some muggle Bo Staffs as your only weapon. Alright and one more thing, please keep this somewhat clean, I think we all would like to avoid a trip to the hospital wing on the last day of term."

Melanie and Milo smirked at each other as they each picked up a staff. The second Lupin closed the barrier Milo charged at Melanie and with full force swung his staff at her. She blocked it with her own and pushed it to the side advancing forward. Their sticks collided as Milo pushed her backwards. He swung at her side hitting her in the ribs. "Bastard." Melanie muttered as she quickly recoiled back into her stance. He came at her once more and Melanie ducked swinging her staff upright against Milos forearm. She twisted it and in a moment of pain Milo dropped his staff onto the floor. He quickly squatted down and was right back up with twice the force pushing Melanie backwards until she hit the wall of the barrier. She couldn't swing and soon Milo had his staff pinned against her neck horizontally and her own staff in his hand.

"What was that about you knocking me on my ass?" He asked with a smirk. And pressed a bit harder onto Melanie's neck as to not give her the idea to attack him again. "Hm shall we see if Fred wants to have a go?" As he said that he flung Melanie's Staff directly towards Fred without even turning back. It was stopped by the barrier but nonetheless Fred noticeably flinched.

The combination of Fred's name being said by Milo and the sight of the staff flying straight at him riled Melanie up. She felt energy course through her veins as her blue eyes transformed into a deep and bloody red. With one quick motion she pressed her back into the barrier and kicked Milo down onto the floor. She watched him get up, paying close attention to everything. She noticed that he quivered slightly when he put pressure on his left leg. 'Bingo' she thought. He charged at her swinging his staff upright, Melanie swiftly dodged each and every blow. Until Milo bent the staff at an angle hitting Melanies thigh. He spun the staff over his head horizontally, she lunged up and grabbed it firmly. They wrestled with it for a couple of seconds as Milo let out "come on Princess you know I'm too strong for you."