Chapter 27

The five of them had a really amazing break. They spent their days playing wizards chess, reading and the trio have really enjoyed watching Milo and Melanie train.

They gathered around the Christmas tree to open their presents. Milo brought Christmas gifts from everyone back home. Melanie sat back against the sofa in Fred's sweater, which he conveniently left behind in her room, and watched Hermione, Harry and Ron as they opened their presents. Harry a new leather glasses case with his initials engraved in it, Ron a series of sweets back from her dimension (she also sent some of those over to Fred and George at the Burrow) and for Hermione she got her a new fancy notebook as well as another one of Giles' books which she was particularly interested in. For Milos gift she had to send an official letter to the ministers back home. She decided to gift him an honorary sword engraved with the finest gemstones and made out of indestructible iron found in the darkest depths of Hell.

Melanie felt content and happy watching all of them open their gifts. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes. She was thinking of Fred. He sent her a letter almost every day telling her what he has been up to at the Burrow. Although only a week had passed she missed him and she couldn't wait until the twins would be back to cause some mischief around the castle.

She lifted up her wand and pointed it to the radio. It turned on and Christmas carols started playing. She sent Milo a knowing look and started singing along to the song.

"Here to stay is a new bird,
He sings a love song,
While we stroll along,
Walking in a winter wonderland."

Milo stood up and took Hermione's hand. They danced in the middle of the common room and soon Melanie took Harry and danced with him too. Ron watching them from the couch happily nodding his head to the music. They danced and sung through a couple more songs until they plopped back onto the sofas extremely happy.

"Wow Melanie you really do have a beautiful voice." Hermione said.

"Thanks Mione. You're not too bad yourself." She replied smiling from ear to ear.

"Look Princess there's still two more gifts under the tree." Milo said as he pulled out a large package and a smaller one. "This one's for Harry." He said passing him the larger present. "And this one is for you." He handed her the small box.

She opened it and pulled out a red hair ribbon. It had a small F initial on it. There was a small note attached.

'I know it's not a lot but I thought this would go well with your beautiful eyes.

Merry Christmas Love

From Your Freddie x'

She passed the note to Milo who read it.

"See and you thought he'd hate the real you." He smiled at her. She took out the ribbon and tied it into a bow in her hair.

Milo went back into his room while Melanie moved to the floor opposite Harry who was now looking at a brand new Firebolt broom.

The four of them looked at it in awe as Harry picked it up. Melanie was sat on the floor, holding her knees up looking at the broom when she heard a click from behind her. She turned around and saw Milo with a Polaroid camera. She looked at him suspiciously.

"Come on Buffy is going to want to see how you're getting on here. Huddle up together guys." The group did as he asked and he took a couple more pictures.

"You do realise if we use one of our cameras the pictures will move?" Ron remarked.

"No?" Milo exclaimed. "That's so awesome."
They all laughed as Hermione suddenly went upstairs. Melanie followed her.