Guilt and Adjusting

Alex rolled over, her eyelids fluttering. It dark outside and she felt sick. Her whole body ached, and she had a throbbing headache. She groaned, pressing her fists against her eyes. 

Gathering all her strength, she rolled over and slumped out of bed. She hated that she fell asleep, she didn't like taking naps. Not only that, but she had knocked out. She grabbed her phone, glancing at the time briefly before slipping on her shoes. A tray of untouched food had been sat on her table, no doubt while she was asleep.  She rolled her eyes as she saw it, its very existence irritating. She pulled her sweater's sleeves down and moved towards her door, feeling the need to move. 

She began to walk the halls, no particular destination in mind. Though a nurse's station would be a good place to start, her head was throbbing. She rounded the corner, hearing a familiar voice. "You banged!" 

She slid over to her friends with renewed energy. "Who banged?" she said, leaning over Dash's shoulder. 

"I knew it," he continued excitedly. "That look on your face, Kara's hair is all messed up, and frankly," he leaned forward to sniff Leo's shoulder, "I can smell it on you." 

Alex started cackling. "Is that what that is?" 

Dash nodded in agreement, and Leo looked around the hallway nervously, fidgeting with his collar. 

Alex's eyes widened, and she leaned closer to Leo, whispering forcefully. "Wait, you actually had sex with Kara?"

Leo continued to look around, at anywhere but them, but he nodded his head vaguely. 

Alex slapped a hand over her mouth, and the trio began to move. "Alright, I need the details," Dash continued. "Was the leg on or off?"

Alex groaned. 

"Uh, it started on and then it came off."

"What?"

Leo waved it off. "That's all you're getting, I don't want to talk about it." 

"Dude, you can't seriously be feeling guilty about this," Dash urged. "It's an unhealthy emotion, man."

"Uh, he can totally feel guilty," Alex piped in. "Not only that, but I bet Kara wasn't exactly...warm, afterwards." 

Leo shot her a look, causing her knowing smirk to grow. 

"Do you think cheetahs regret killing gazelles?" Dash argued. "No, because they know that if they didn't we'd have an overflow of floofed creatures on our planet. And then where would we be?"

"Look," Leo said, cutting off Dash's stream of consciousness. "I don't feel guilty." 

"Not even a little?" Alex asked, unconvinced. 

"No," Leo repeated firmly, looking between the two of them. "Why should I? Emma broke up with me. She won't return any of my calls, it's very clear she wants to move on." 

Before either of them could respond, Kenji had jogged over. "Leo, I've been looking everywhere for you." 

"Why? What's going on?" 

His gaze shifted to the other two standing there. "It's Emma. Her dad brought her into the ER a few hours ago."

"Oh my god," Alex gasped. 

Leo felt his stomach drop. 

"She's asking for you." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

After hearing about Emma's return, Alex felt even dizzier. She approached the nurse's station no doubt looking unwell. She didn't even have to say anything, Nurse Jackson had begun to tell her that they were incredibly busy today, but paused midsentence. "Alex, honey, are you feeling okay?" She rounded the station quickly, her careful eye looking over the girl's features.