1. New Life

"So heavy ughh," Innessa groaned as she stepped into the dorm with two heavy boxes. As soon as she stepped inside, she placed them on the floor and sighed, dropping her weight down as she sprawled on the floor breathing heavily while staring at the ceiling.

After catching her breath she pulled to her feet, pulling her trousers up, her gaze bounced around her precious dorm.

The room was small but cozy enough. There was a single bed to her left, and a study table with a cupboard to her right. A mini room fridge. There was a window on the front wall and a restroom door to her right at the corner. Innessa checked the restroom. It was small but luckily, she didn't have to share it with anyone.

She was on cloud nine. The only reason she got a whole room to herself was because of her scholarship. She got the golden scholarship.

Innessa had worked so hard for it. Just thinking about her late-night studies and crazy study schedule brought tears to her eyes but the fruit of victory tasted so good.

The girl was from a small town in Russia. She completed her college from there and lived with her loving parents. Her elder sister Faina got married last year and currently lives with her husband in Bradford.

It was Innessa's dream to get enrolled in the world's best Grand Elite Academy. The academy of dreams. Innessa could never get into the university with her background and no money. The only option she had was to get a scholarship and she succeeded in doing so.

Retrieving her phone she video-called her dad while switching on all the lights and pushing the curtains aside.

"Innessa, my sweetheart," Denis, her dad said on the screen beaming at his daughter.

"Is it Innessa?" Alisa, her mother's joyous voice reached her before she shoved her face in front of the camera.

"My precious, how are you? Did you reach there safely? Did you find your dorm? Are you sharing it with someone?" Alisa bombarded her with questions making the girl giggle at how excited her mom was.

"I'm good, mama. The room is all mine. They told me that I got the golden scholarship," She grinned. The questioning looks on her parents' faces had her explaining it to them.

"It means, I'll get lots of perks, no fees at all, personal room, food, everything is free. Isn't it cool, wait, let me give you guys a tour of my room," She stepped out of her room.

Innessa stepped in and showed them her room, the window, and even the restroom. "Honey, there's no kitchen. What if you get hungry in the middle of the night like always, what would you do? Shall I ask your sister to bring a stove and stuff?"

"No, mama. I'll be fine. Don't worry, I'll buy some snacks for my midnight cravings. And you mustn't forget to take your meds, Dad, make sure Mom takes her meds on time. And keep sweet things out of her reach," She instructed her dad.

"Yes, boss," Denis saluted, earning a chuckle from her.

After talking to her parents for a while, she went back to the ground floor and brought her bags up. Unpacking all the stuff she placed it in the cupboard, cleaned her room a little bit, and stepped into the shower.

Innessa changed into her pajamas and hopped on the bed. She was exhausted from all the travelling and shifting but it was fun. This was the first time she traveled alone so far from her country and the first time she'd be living alone.

The girl scrolled through Pinterest for some room decoration ideas to give her room more aesthetic vibes. She gathered a couple of budget-friendly ideas, and her giddiness knew no bounds.