28. Threaten

Innessa couldn't sleep for the last three nights. She was doing her best to avoid Issac. She ignored his texts and stayed out of his radar. She left the academy early for work and clocked off early from the cafe for the past three days.

She even complained to the security guard that someone climbed into her window three days ago but escaped so they should tighten their security. She didn't mention who it was and lied that she didn't see that person's face. Though it was difficult for her to lie, she didn't want to trouble Issac and just wanted to keep her distance from him for the respect of what little good memories she had with him though it was all just a lie.

Innessa couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened three days ago. She was still scared that he might show up in her room while she was sleeping. He had tried to call her multiple times but she didn't answer.

The girl couldn't even focus on her studies. She was so consumed by his thoughts. The fact that made her blame herself the most was how could she be so blind.

Innessa wouldn't lie. She missed him. She missed talking to him. Their FaceTime, those sweet messages, his kind gestures, him taking care of her, looking at her with those beautiful eyes. She missed him so much and the more she missed him the more it hurt her knowing he hid the truth from her.

But if she had known the truth, Innessa would've stayed miles away from him. Never asked for his help. She had talked to Elena yesterday and she told her how Issac was a famous entity. He was super rich and had links with the mafia and all that. Innessa pretended in front of her that she knew everything which comforted Elena and she talked more about him and ended up revealing what everyone at the academy knew about Issac.

Aside from betrayal. She was going through such intense heartache. It was the first time she was going through such a heartbreak and the girl was having difficulty coping with it.

Last night she received a delivery of three huge bouquets of red roses with a card saying, 'I'm sorry, love,' she requested the security guard to return those bouquets to the delivery person but he said the person had already left. She knew they were from Issac.

She didn't know what to do with them. Though the last two flowers she got from Issac were resting in her diary, now it was different. She didn't throw those flowers out but she deleted the post holding Issac's hand from her IG. She also blocked his contact number.

Innessa didn't want to go on like this. She should move on and make him believe so, then he'd leave her alone.

After her class, she was standing near the lockers. Elena asked her if everything was fine because she deleted the post with Issac to which she just nodded and dismissed the topic. She told her she wasn't hungry. Elena went to the cafeteria while Innessa grabbed her books from the locker.

She was heading to her next class when she found Henry walking down the hallway. Their eyes met briefly before he averted his gaze and walked past her. He was still in bandages but looked better than last time. She was glad Issac didn't do anything to him further.

She was aimlessly walking down the hall when she noticed the students giving her glances and whispering behind her back. Innessa had gone through this once before when the rumors spread out that she was dating Issac but only a few people knew it at that time.

Innessa was in her next class when Elena joined her, she was grinning as she nudged Innessa's shoulder with her own. "Your man is obsessed with you," she teased, causing her brows to furrow.

"Haven't you seen his recent post?" Elena asked as Innessa shook her head. Elena quickly shuffled through her phone and shoved it at Innessa's face with a grin causing the girl to move back to properly look at the screen and her eyes widened.