24. Baby

Innessa was drowned in her assignment. Once done with it she was so tired that she plopped on the bed face first. She was hungry but she didn't have any strength to cook anything. 

She got an electric stove and some crockery with a little grocery with her first salary. So, she often has midnight snacks. But today she was so tired. 

She closed her eyes and was about to sleep when her phone vibrated with a message. She sleepily checked the message and instantly all the sleep washed away. 

'Are you asleep?' 

It was a text from Issac. She lay straight on the bed reading the message thrice before responding. 

'No. I'm awake.' 

'What are you doing?' He asked. 

'Nothing much. What about you?' 

'I'm missing you 🥺,' 

Her heart did a little stutter as a swarm of butterflies giggled and blushed in her belly. 

'That's so sweet of you.' 

'You're supposed to say you miss me too😒' 

'I'll say it when I'll feel like it 😌' 

'Are you teasing me, Innessa?' 

'Awww are you teased, baby?' 

As soon as she sent the text, she sat up straight. A goofy grin was spread across her lips. She couldn't stop smiling. He read the text and her heart lurched to her mouth when she gaped at the incoming video call. 

She quickly declined it and breathed deeply to calm her nerves down. 

'I want to see you call me baby. Answer the call.' 

Her phone rang again as she cupped her mouth contemplating. She was teasing him. How in the world would she be able to call him baby on his face? He was anything but a baby, more like a beast. 

She quickly glanced at her reflection in the mirror and gaped at herself horrified. She had dark circles and looked half-dead. She quickly opened her hair from the hair bun and wanted to apply some lip tint but his text stopped her. 

'If you don't answer now, I'll be on my way to your dorms.' 

She didn't know why but she had this gut feeling that he'd do it. Because Issac was always the man of his word. When her phone vibrated again, she quickly answered the call but kept the camera to the ceiling. 

"Innessa..." His deep raspy voice had her chewing her lower lip feeling giddy. 

She'd love to hear his voice all the time. Maybe she should ask him to send her voicemails often so she could play it on the loop. 

"Show me your face," He rasped, making her take a deep breath as she angled the phone to her face. 

She peeked at the screen only for her breath to hitch when she found him shirtless in the bed with messy hair. Her pupils dilated, noticing his naked muscular shoulders, his sturdy chest. A mess of hair rested on his forehead as he peered at her with those sleepy eyes. 

Innessa couldn't look away. He looked so breathtaking. Holding her breath she sneakily took a couple of screenshots. Smirking at her naughty work. 

Issac smirked; his eyes mischievous. "The best and easiest way is screen recording, Innessa. You're not that sneaky you know but you're cute," He mused grinning as her jaw slacked. 

She quickly straightened up and rolled her eyes at him. 

"I know," She mumbled grumpily as he smiled.