7. Matchmaker

"So, how's it like dating Issac?" Elena asked, sitting beside Innessa as they waited for their professor to arrive.

"It's nice," she said in a small voice pretending to read her notes.

"I don't know why but I'm so invested in your couple. You guys are so perfect. An angel for a dev-" She abruptly sealed her lips and when Innessa glanced at her, she shrugged her shoulders smiling sheepishly.

"What is it?"

"Nothing," She blurted out, pulling out her journal and noting some points from Innessa's notes.

They were talking about Elena's favorite cafe and how the pastries there were the best when two girls walked over to them.

Innessa noticed them first as they stared at her with sweet smiles.

"Hi, could you lend me your notes? By the way, I'm Cassie and this is Arielle." The girl introduced them both.

"Hey, I'm Innessa and this is Elena," Innessa introduced themselves. She noticed how they completely ignored Elena and also these were the same girls who were gossiping about her a couple of days ago.

"My notes are not in proper order, but you can go through them once Elena is done with them," she said.

Cassia pulled a chair and sat in front of them while Arielle stood close still smiling.

"Oh, I will. By the way, I wanted to ask. Do you know Maddox?" Cassie asked.

"Maddox?"

"Your boyfriend's cousin Maddox Knight. Don't tell me you never met him," Cassie asked surprised.

"I... Uh... I haven't. We just recently started dating so it's still new," Innessa tried to handle her lie.

Cassie and Arielle both groaned. "Okay. But whenever you meet him can you introduce me to Maddox? I know he's single and you could help me out you know," Cassie wiggled her brows.

"I'm not a matchmaker, Cassie. And that'd be so rude on the first meeting with someone," Innessa said calmly.

"A woman should fix another woman's crown, you know. I'm just asking you to help me out, it's not that big of a deal. Just introduce me to him once and I'll handle the rest," Cassie said with a pleading look.

Innessa frowned, lowering her gaze. She wasn't even dating Issac for real and now these girls want her to set them up with Issac's cousin she never even met.

Crazy.

"I... I don't think-"

Innessa was cut off by the professor's voice, they didn't even know when he showed up. The girls went back to their seats, and she couldn't be thankful enough.

"That's crazy. Why would you set her up with Maddox?" Elena grumbled as Innessa passed her a tight-lipped smile though from the inside she was panicking because she didn't know who Maddox was.

The rest of the classes went smoothly. She was in the corridor placing her books in the locker when something slammed into the lockers at some distance from her causing almost everyone to flinch because of the noise.

Henry stood there, grabbing a guy's throat, and the cause of that noise was that guy. Henry had slammed that poor guy into the locker.

That guy tried to shove him off, but Henry's goons grabbed him and slammed him back against the lockers.

Henry stood in front of him grinning as he grabbed that guy's throat and like always everyone was gawking, and no one was coming forward to help the guy.