6. Savior

"Your girl?" Henry sounded flabbergasted.

Even Innessa stared at her savior dumbfounded. Despite all the fear, she felt a little dip in her stomach.

The girl would be out of her damn mind to feel butterflies in such a dire situation.

"Are you deaf?"

Innessa gulped as her eyes darted to his Adam Apple. He had such a deep manly voice, and his British accent was cherry on top.

His attitude was that of a vicious king as if he didn't care that he was one against three of them. He could easily tell her to get lost but instead, he decided to help her. She couldn't thank him enough for that.

If he wasn't there then she didn't even want to think what Henry and his friends might've done to her.

Henry flinched at his direct insult. "Prove that you guys are dating," Henry said, though he looked scared. He was pulling on a brave facade, but his friends were already stepping back.

Innessa stiffened when the tall, huge man holding her pulled her closer through her waist. His free hand moved up and he grabbed the nape of her neck dominantly, his fingers slowly threading into her silky locks, sensually pressing on her scalp. He tugged her head back earning a startled gasp from her.

Her eyes broadened when her eyes met with those smoldering eyes which looked like the darkest and ethereal shade of sunset she had ever seen. He pulled her closer and her heart lurched to her mouth.

He'd kiss me!

Innessa gripped his jacket tighter. One of her palms rested on his chest as she tried to stop him. But he only inched closer. He was so tall and looked huge in front of her. She was facing the sky because of his grip while he hovered over her.

She was completely at his mercy. Scared. Thrilled. And slightly tempted. The thought left her baffled.

He inched so closer that his hot breath caressed her trembling lips. Her eyes shut tightly, and with tense shoulders, she braced herself as if he wasn't going to kiss her but rather kill her.

There was no guarantee. What if she dies because of the kiss? After all, it was her first kiss. The way with which her heart was beating, at the edge of bursting out of her chest, could lead her to a sudden stroke.

Innessaaaaaaa! It's a sin. Snap out of it!

All the rational thoughts flew out of the window of her mind when his lips ghosted over hers, a slight graze and a jolt of electrifying current zapped through her spine.

Just when she was about to give in, he pulled back, she felt his warmth gone.

"Why the f*ck I prove anything to you, Smith. You sure you want to mess with me?" His deep voice filled the silence as she felt the vibration of his voice through her palm resting on his chest.

Her savior let go of her and she had to grab the wall to support herself because her legs were jelly.

He prowled over to Henry in two long strides and Innessa watched stunned at how vicious he looked in front of Henry. Henry wasn't short, he was 6 feet, but her savior looked 6'2.

There was something dark and ruthless about his whole vibe. He could easily be taken for a gangster.

"You want to lose a bone or two?" Her savior sneered menacingly while dropping his head to Henry's height who stepped back with an ashen face. Without another word, he hurried out of there while his friends had already left.

Once Henry stepped into the club through the back door.

Mr. Knight in shining armor turned to face her. Her breath hitched when his dark eyes met her gaze.