10. Annoyed

Innessa awkwardly made her way into the business department holding a can of soda in her hand.  

She checked her phone going through their last conversation for the fifth time. She had asked him at what time his class would end, and then she decided to bring him a drink.  

She glanced around to find any signs of Henry stalking her, but he was nowhere in sight.  

A notification popped on the top of her screen as she clicked on it. It was a picture of a beautiful mini architecture model that Scarlett had sent to the group 'secret chamber.'  

'It looks awesome,' Innessa typed and sent the message.  

'Phenomenal,' Darla's message followed as Scarlet sent them a blushing emoticon.  

She was so engrossed in her phone that a deep voice with a rich British accent just near her ear startled the life out of her. She even felt his hot breath when he said, "Good afternoon," her phone almost falling before she clutched it tightly pressing it on her chest as she breathed to calm her nerves down.  

"You scared me..." She trailed off facing him as her eyes lingered down his body. Soaking him in. He was in formal clothing. All black, his hair gelled back, features sharp as ever and those cognac eyes glowed like translucent honey because of bright daylight. Maybe he had a presentation today or something. 

She was gawking at his eyes; her eyes flew to his thick brows before meeting his eyes again. He had such an amazing set of thick lashes that could put the girls to shame, including her. She envied him. Innessa didn't realize that she was openly drinking in his features with her lips slightly parted, almost breathless.  

She wasn't even blinking when Issac shoved his hands in his pockets and bent forward so they were face to face.  

She was captivated at how his pupils shrank when he inched closer, so pretty.  

"Want to click a picture, sweetheart?" Issac mused and when his hot breath caressed her lips she snapped back to her senses. Her eyes broadened at their proximity, and she abruptly stepped back.  

"I'msorryIwasn't-" She abruptly stopped her mumbling and clutched the strap of her back a little tightly.  

"Sorry," she said awkwardly keeping her eyes on the floor.  

I'm sorry, God. Please, forgive me. I'll not gape at him again.  

She apologized to God for her scandalous behavior.  

"Sorry?" 

"Nothing," She whispered looking anywhere but at him. He was still bending to her face level, and everyone was gawking at them.  

"Oh, yes. I brought this for you," she said offering him the can of soda. His brow shot up in surprise and his lips curved slightly in approval.  

"Thank you," he said taking the can from her hand, he deliberately let his fingers touch hers and saw how she glitched ever so adorably.  

He popped open the can with his middle finger with absolute ease as if it was no big deal and chugged the drink down. She watched his throat working and why in the world did she find it so alluring? No wonder Issac was such a handsome man, but he intimidated her and when he wasn’t smiling, she found him scary. 

Issac finished it and tossed the empty can in the bin. Hooking his fingers in the tie he loosened it before taking it off, followed by his coat and he undid the first three buttons of his shirt.  

"Can you hold this for me?"  

"Oh, sure," She took the coat and tie from him as he rolled his sleeves up to his elbows revealing his veiny arms and the snake tattoo that was looped around his arm in a perfectly dangerous way.  

"Thanks," he said taking his things back and she blinked up at him. Her eyes faintly noticed ink on the right side of his chest which was slightly visible, and she quickly averted her gaze.  

Innessa noticed how everyone was practically gaping at her like she was an alien. Their gazes made her self-conscious all of a sudden.  

"We should head out," she said, and he hummed.  

Issac noticed her fidgeting with her fingers, his head snapped at the students, and he dangerously narrowed his eyes which was enough for them to scramble off.  He knew they must be astounded to find a decent girl talking to him. Normally no one even dares to meet his gaze. 

"Can I hold your hand?" He asked. Innessa paused before she nodded slightly, and he wasted no second as he grabbed her soft small hand in his big one and intertwined their fingers.  

He never liked holding hands but oddly enough he wanted to hold hers.  

He stared down at their hands. They fit perfectly. He glanced at her side profile. Her hair was a simple loose ponytail.  

Issac was never into simple girls. Especially not into the one like Innessa. He prefers his woman bold, thick, and definitely brunette. Innessa was none of these. She was timid, average, and had honey-brown locks with natural blond highlights. And yet he was attracted to her.  

Why?  

Was it her innocence that tempted him? The girl couldn't even hold hands. So pure. Like a stupid f*cker, he searched the meaning of her name last night and it meant pure. It fits her perfectly.  

But the devil in him wanted to taint her. Though he would never act on such an impulse. He was just playing along, that was all to it.  

"There's no one here, you can let go," Her soft voice brought him back to reality as he clapped his eyes away and let go of her hand.  

"Are you going to work? I'll drop you," he said.  

"No, it's perfectly fine," She shook her head.  

He noticed that she was wearing cargo pants and a baggy shirt. He also noticed that she didn't have any specific fashion style, she mostly goes with comfortable and baggy clothing. And yet he finds her pretty.  

"I'm dropping you, Innessa. Get in the car," he said opening the door of his car for her. She was hesitant before she got inside, and he took the driver's seat.  

The ride was silent, and he didn't bother to say a thing. He didn't like his building attraction towards her. It was annoying.  

He pulled over the car in front of her cafe and she politely thanked him. He spared her a void glance, a slight nod which was her cue as she stepped out of the car. As soon as she closed the door, he couldn't help but inhale her lingering gardenia scent.  

He should buy this gardenia-scented body wash. His jaw clenched. The f*ck was wrong with his thought process!  

He glanced over at her to find her smiling and conversing with a man at the front gate.  

It was that f*cking Archie.  

She was beaming at him as they exchanged a few words and Innessa opened the door for him, and they disappeared into the cafe.  

He gripped the steering wheel harder while poking his tongue in his cheek as he drilled holes at where they disappeared to.  

"It's not my f*cking business," He gritted. He had to say it out loud to compel himself to drive away from there.  

Issac should keep the fun to its limit. There's nothing to get serious about such a stupid act.  

He checked the date on his phone. Still, one day left until their so-called date. He didn't even want to go now. It'd be such a waste of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~