26. Vicious Knight

"Why didn't you send his picture? Do you want me to beg you for it?" Faina said on the phone.

"Remember that time when you started dating Arthur? You make me beg to see his pictures," Innessa mused, earning a groan from the other side.

"Are you taking revenge, Nessa? I thought my sister was an adorable naive little creature but I was wrong," Faina complained, making Innessa chuckle.

"I still couldn't believe you've got a boyfriend. The girl who never paid attention to boys and stayed glued to her books finally found a guy. I'm happy for you, Nessa," Faina said excitedly, making the girl smile.

"Thank you," she said.

"How's dad coping with the news?" She asked hesitantly. Denis was a lovely father but he was very protective of his daughters. When Faina introduced Arthur to the family, her father gave him a tough time before finally accepting him as a family.

When Innessa revealed the news to her family, Faina and her mom were on cloud nine but Denis sounded as if he was about to lose his younger daughter as well.

"He'll come around it. You know he cares for us a lot," Faina said.

"I know," Innessa whispered. The sisters talked for a little while as Innessa dropped the call.

It has been a couple of days since their quarrel and makeup. Things have been going smoothly and sweetly for them.

Issac was the most caring and loving person she had ever met. He loved her and took care of her to the point he reminded her to drink water every hour, bringing her favorite iced latte to her before dropping her to the cafe for work.

They often Facetime at night; Innessa was turning into a cute adorable kid she didn't even know existed in her. Whenever he was beside her or when she talked to him. She behaved like a kid and it came out naturally. They'd hold hands, and have ice cream when he'd drop her back to the dormitory after her shift. She told him he didn't have to pick and drop her but he insisted. Issac was so lovely that all of it felt like a dream.

Ever since that day, Archie had been avoiding her. She called him but he didn't answer her calls so she dropped a text apologizing for what happened. He ignored her messages as well. She didn't want to lose a friend so she tried to talk to him in the department but he simply told her 'She had a weird taste in men for that personality of hers.' She couldn't understand it so she asked what he meant but he simply walked away from there ignoring her. After that, she saw him in the department often but never approached him.

It wasn't Innessa's fault. Nor did she want to lose her friend. She tried to talk to him but if he didn't want to be her friend then she wouldn't force him. Though she didn't want to lose a friend.

Innessa got free early from her shift at the cafe. Isaac didn't come to pick her up today. He texted her saying he got stuck with some important work. So, she assured him she'd get home safely by herself.

The cafe wasn't so far from the dormitory so she decided to walk there. She was staring down at the pictures of her with Isaac which they clicked in the past few days. All of them were so adorable and beautiful. She was smiling like an idiot while staring at her phone. Whoever would see her right now would think of her as stupid. But she didn't mind.

Because... She was in love and it felt incredible to be in love.

Innessa was so drowned in her phone that she didn't notice when someone blocked her way. She abruptly stopped. Her eyes met with the familiar ones and she stiffened.

It was Henry.

She stumbled a step back. Her eyes darted around to scream for help when his words cut her off.