Chapter 17: Fallen x Fight

____________________________

[Emergencey Mission: Fallen Fight]

[Fallen Fight]

Unfortunately, the fallen have taken the fight to you instead of you taking the fight to them. But are you just going to let them go scot-free? Turn this ambush on its head.

Requirement:

Incapacitate or Kill the 4 fallen angels. The quest is failed if you receive outside help.

Bonus Requirement:

Incapacitate or Kill all exorcists under the fallen in less than 4 hours. The quest is failed if you receive outside help.

Rewards:

[Random Trait], [Random Seal]

Bonus Reward:

[Homunculous Creation Blueprint], [Sacred Gear Extraction Knowledge]

____________________________

I discreetly read the quest from the corner of my eye as I had a standoff with the fallen angel glaring at me, slowly I stood up.

"So, what do I owe the visit exactly? I don't know what I did to incur the wrath of the fallen angels." I said shrugging my shoulders as I too casually reached into my bag and retreived a potion with such relaxed casuality that she did not take note of it and instead glared at me before gripping her spear tighter.

"I have been ordered to make sure you die. If you want to blame someone, blame god for giving you a sacred gear." She armed her spear and threw it at me as I sidestepped it and drank the potion in my hand.

[Intermediate Strength Potion I]

When drunk increases the strength of the user by 50 as long as their endurance is above 25. Lasts 3 minutes.

I felt the invigorating strength fill my body as I shot toward her 3 mana arrows came to life around me and started spinning.

"I think I'd rather blame you instead." I saw shock creep up her face as her eyes widened as I dodged another spear before creating supercooled mist in my hand and blasting her with it.

'Frost Veil.'

"Kyaaah!" Kalawarner shrieked as she was hit by a blast of supercooled mist that caused frost to build up on her body. And then I ducked and sen my spinning arrows at her.

*Boom!* *Boom!* *Boom!*

"Kuak!!" one of them hit her thigh, the other her midriff, and the last one her wings, putting a giant hole in them causing her to lose her balance and get launched by the power of the arrows.

*Swish!*

Just as I was about to give chase I heard the sound of something cutting through the air behind me and instinctively rolled, narrowly avoiding 2 spears that passed by me.