Chapter 8: The Rumble of Alchemical Triumph

Do I have masochistic tendencies?

I would say, no, I don't.

But that sure as hell would not be apparent to a third party.

What I was doing wasn't so much as bodybuilding as it was bodybreaking. The amount of workouts I did was borderline abuse.

Actually, scratch the borderline part, it was straight-up abusing my body.

What I did was exercising until complete failure, until I couldn't lift my body up any longer and my legs refused to cooperate, and then I took a potion and did it all over again.

Each time my body recovered it was slightly stronger, I did exercises using stone dumbells I made using transmutation, I don't know how heavy they are exactly I just made them heavy enough for me to use.

I did every exercise I could imagine, I couldn't even think of making more spells while working out due to just how hard I was going at it.

I spent several hours without any major rest just abusing the shit out of my body. I only decided to give myself a small break when I started pissing blood(exercise-induced hematuria).

But it was worth it, I could see my body visibly improving, my thin frame being filled out with muscles slowly but surely, my body currently looked fairly lean. But it still wasn't anywhere near the peak human condition and beyond I was aiming for.

Still, my status looked rather nice now.

____________________________

Statistics:

Vitality: 18

Mana: 49

Endurance: 24

Strength: 22

Agility: 14

Magic Power: 54

____________________________

Pretty good improvement for a day and a half's work I suppose. Of course, even though I was focusing on training my body for now I was not slacking on my alchemy in the slightest. Because you know, I was an alchemist, not a muscleist.

My agility was the stat that had risen the least because I presume it rises the fastest with running and stuff, as for vitality maybe it is raised by food? I don't have too many guesses for that.

Anyway, it was time to start running to increase my endurance and agility. Before heading out with my tracksuit I tied my hair up high and made myself a chicken sandwich A damn good one at that since my novice cooking was at 8(Mixing alchemy with cooking yields great results alongside me being already decent at cooking). I also took some cookies with me too in case I lose their buffs and need a refresher, also the sugars give me the will to live.

Putting my earplugs in I set off to increase my stats through torture again.